• April 19, 2024, 11:31:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DES-3228P OSPF Problems???  (Read 4459 times)

jrpayne

• Level 1 Member
DES-3228P OSPF Problems???
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:18:38 AM »

We just started using these switches for our smaller remote connection. The locations are connected via Metro Ethernet connections. The problem is, it appears that the switches at some point stop advertising their ospf information into our core routers. It seems that after the switch is rebooted, the routes are advertised and stay in the core for some period of time and then go away. I was wondering if there is some command that I am missing or something that causes this to happen.

We usually primarily Enterasys equipment here so the Dlink CLI is new to me and I do not know everything about it yet.

jrpayne

• Level 1 Member
Re: DES-3228P OSPF Problems???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:28:05 AM »

Sorry MY Bad. I meant to type DES-38228P.

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: DES-3228P OSPF Problems???
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »

There is no obvious point of misconfiguration for this, it is usually it is tied into a complex interaction with (potentially many of) your other routers.

We would need more details to speak to this effectively, the below would just be a start.

How much time until you see the failure?
Is that time always the same?
If not what is the variation?
How and from where did you determine that they stop advertising?
Can you log into the switch during this failure, be it through HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, or RS232?
What does the switch show as it's routing information during failure and when not failed?
Hardware version?
Firmware version?
Config File?
Topology?

Given the amount of information that would need to be gathered before we can speak effectively to your issue it would probably be best to gather this information then call BCS Support at 1 877 345 6555.
non progredi est regredi