• March 28, 2024, 12:29:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1216T: MAC address table dump (feature request)  (Read 6916 times)

frr

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1216T: MAC address table dump (feature request)
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:58:42 AM »

After some months of practical use, detecting insider rogues doing messy things in my network, I have to say that I would greatly appreciate if the WebSmart interface could dump the MAC address table with *ALL* addresses in one dump - which could then be searched by the browser's search window. The way it is now (v4.10.2), you have to choose a port to list the addresses for - which means that you have to select and dump up to 16 ports one by one to get your hands on the culprit.

I know that 8k rows in one HTML page is theoretically a lot, but in practice you hardly ever reach that with a switch of this category, and it's no problem for the browsers of today.

It would be nice to have an option to sort the listing by switch port or by MAC address, but maybe I'd be asking too much :-) Or, to look up just the one particular MAC address that you're after...

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: DGS-1216T: MAC address table dump (feature request)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »

Your request will be passed on.
non progredi est regredi