• April 26, 2024, 04:17:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: hello, the most recent version of DviewCam will not work with my DCS-1000's  (Read 6228 times)

mia

• Level 1 Member

Hello, we are ordering some DCS-1100's and DCS-910's and downloaded the latest DviewCam 2.0 only to find out our older DCS-1000's will not work with the Dview software. How can we rectify this? The DCS-1000's support all the features of video recording, monitoring and motion detection. What gives?  How can we fix this???

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Was the DCS-1000 working with an earlier version of D-ViewCam2 like 2.02 or 2.03? Unfortunately the DCS-1000 is no longer supported and may have been removed from support with newer software.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mia

• Level 1 Member

No, I cannot remember what it was working with... The puter we had that software on died.  It did work at one point.  So in other words I have to trash the DCS-1000's in order to utilize the software...

I had planned to buy a bunch of new 910's, but you cannot find them anywhere in the stores.  Best Buy shows them on their web site, but at the store they said they discontinued them in the stores cause they do not sell.

I was kinda hoping to find one nearby to try out first to insure its worthwhile before replacing 16 cameras... ARGH!!!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

You can download out old surveillance software here if that will help however you will not be able to use the DCS-910 with this older software but you will be able to utilize your DCS-1000's.

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/Older_Software/
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mia

• Level 1 Member

Awesome, well this should at least help us in the interim with the old cameras.. Thanks!