• April 19, 2024, 06:15:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: After firmware update problems arose  (Read 2613 times)

SC ROTIC

• Level 1 Member
After firmware update problems arose
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:25:15 AM »

I am not happy with this router at all.

I updated the dgl 5500 to its latest firmware.  I had been having trouble with the Xbox one coming up strict.  Thought it may be the firmware....maybe I'm wrong.  Still having noticeable lag in the games.  Latency well doing a speed test spikes from 25 to almost 600 ms.  I'm not getting my full bandwidth.  60 down 16 up.... Usually runs 50 to 60 down and 16 to 12 up. 25 to 30 ping Comcast.  That would be normal.

So I thought the firmware would solve this....it didn't.  Now my PS4  won't connect to the internet....so what I did there was set up a static ip address because at first it was not able to get an ip address.  Then when I ran the internet test on the ps4 it would get the ip address but failed to connect to the internet.  Before the update I never once had a problem with the ps4.

I did unplug the router, unplug the modem, wait a minute or so, then plugged in the modem let it cycle through and then plugged the router in.....and too my utmost dismay nothing.

I have opened ports aimed the ip address of these machines to port forwarding. I st
Have big problems with this router.

I bought this router because the dgl 4500 was so solid and I get the 5500  and it's the total opposite.

I'm very unhappy...I ran the speed test with the router not in the mix and my internet is fine.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: After firmware update problems arose
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
  • Was the router working before any firmware updates?

Did you follow this for installing the lastest FW? New DGL-5500 Only Firmware Update Process!

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
  • Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing?
  • What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have?
  • Check cable between Modem and Router, swap out to be sure. Link> Cat6 is recommended.
  • Check ISP MTU requirements, Cable is usually 1500, DSL is around 1492 down to 1472. Call the ISP and ask. Link>Checking MTU Values

Please give us some feed back on these questions so we can help you out. We understand your frustration with this recent release. There is a new process to get this version FW to work well, however if your not interested in following the process, I highly recommend going back and installing the Beta 03 build of v1.12:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=58723.0

Maybe someone can review your router settings with you using Link> teamviewer if your interested. Its safe and secure.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.