• April 19, 2024, 02:09:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Double listing of one device  (Read 4151 times)

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
Double listing of one device
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »

This is directed to the D-Link guys, and anyone else on this board that may have a similar experience. When I reboot my PC and then load Shareport, it displays 2 USB hard drives where there should only be one. The only way I can fix this is to reboot the router and then everything is fine. Today I experienced a first and it may or may not have any significance. Upon seeing that 2 devices were listed, I clicked on the device info button and then clicked on the display network connection button (the one that brings up the router logon page in IE as it is an easy way to get to the reboot screen). As soon as I hit that button I got the blue screen of death and the message stated (and I paraphrase since I can't remember it verbatim): "Failed to unload driver before executing requested command". Again, this is the first time I've seen this unless this is actually the first time I've ever done what I did in that order. I guess I'll see if I can duplicate it. Like I said, this BSOD event could be totally unrelated to Shareport. However, I would like to know if anyone else sees 2 devices listed when there should only be one.
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
Re: Double listing of one device
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

Tried deinstalling/reinstalling Shareport?

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
Re: Double listing of one device
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »

Several times. Reg clean after each uninstall. Reflashed too.
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.