• April 19, 2024, 10:31:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hibryd VLAN  (Read 19834 times)

goghi.4321

• Level 1 Member
Hibryd VLAN
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:42:47 AM »

Hello everyone,

I will be very grateful to all that will help me with an advice for my issue.
I have a couple of DES-1210-28/ME switches and I want to setup them for IPTV, my idea is to give the Internet and IPTV to customers on one port. At the client side i want to install a router were i create vlan's for data and IPTV, on my switch  I want to setup 1 customer vlan as untaged for data and 1 vlan tagged for IPTV on same physical port. After I made this configuration everything is ok, but after reboot of switch I loose this configuration. It means vlan that was untaged is taged now sow the client don't have Internet access.
Help me please, is this a misconfiguration or a bug. I tried this kind of config on Huawei and everything works fine.
Thank you

lystor

• Level 1 Member
Re: Hibryd VLAN
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:43 AM »

I have a couple of DES-1210-28/ME switches and I want to setup them for IPTV, my idea is to give the Internet and IPTV to customers on one port. At the client side i want to install a router were i create vlan's for data and IPTV, on my switch  I want to setup 1 customer vlan as untaged for data and 1 vlan tagged for IPTV on same physical port.

Hi, goghi

1. Try to update firmware to the latest available version

See D-Link DES-1228 User Manual -> Firmware Backup and Upload:
http://dlink-manuals.org/dlink-des-1228-1228p-1252-user-manual/26/

2. Enable IGMP Snooping on VLAN 1

See D-Link DES-1228 User Manual -> IGMP Snooping Configuration:
http://dlink-manuals.org/dlink-des-1228-1228p-1252-user-manual/34/

DES-1228 doesn't support ISM vlan feature :(