• April 19, 2024, 01:36:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Unable to Setup FTP with Uverse Router  (Read 17534 times)

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L - Unable to Setup FTP with Uverse Router
« on: September 25, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

I've seen many FTP related posts, but I cannot get the FTP upload to work

I have Uverse internet and 2 DLink 932L's and 2 Foscams. All cameras worked, all uploaded to FTP when set to do so.

Uverse switched out my router, so I reassigned static port numbers for each camera and port forwarding for each camera.
Video can be seen both inside my home network and outside.
Nothing else has changed.
Both cameras connect over wifi.

The Foscams upload to FTP as usual, Simply the FTP upload no longer works for the Dlinks.

An suggestions appreciated.

Status page print out

Basic information
Camera Name   Garage
Time & Date   
25 Sep 2013 5:50:31 P.M.
Firmware Version   1.06 (2012-12-21)
Agent Version   2.0.16-b42
MAC Address   28 10 7B 02 CB 5B
IP Address   192.168.1.83
Subnet Mask   255.255.255.0
Default Gateway   192.168.1.254
Primary DNS   0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS   0.0.0.0
DDNS   Disable
UPnP Port Forwarding   Disable

FTP Server Test   Invalid FTP server address.
E-mail Test   No test conducted.
Wireless Status
Connection Mode   Infrastructure
Link   Yes
SSID   2WIRE710 (MAC : **********)
Channel   11
Encryption   WPA2-PSK:AES
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:05:49 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: FTP Server TestInvalid FTP server address.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »

What are your settings under SETUP > FTP > FTP SERVER? Are the settings the same as the Foscam cameras that are working? Are all cameras (D-Link and Foscam) connected to the same router? Are you using FTP to a PC or NAS?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

hackztor

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »

I use ftp fine with my 932l using latest beta firmware.

Host Name      IP
 Port      21
 User Name    
 Password    
 Path           /Surveillance/frontdoor
 Passive Mode   Yes

Some ftp servers do not like the / in front of path, some do.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:47:06 AM »

Try the following settings:

• Path = /
  • Passive Mode = No

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:05:15 AM »

Thanks JavaLawyer

Still no joy. My foscam can post to the "/" directory just fine either in passive or non-passive mode.

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »

What are your settings under SETUP > FTP > FTP SERVER? Are the settings the same as the Foscam cameras that are working? Are all cameras (D-Link and Foscam) connected to the same router? Are you using FTP to a PC or NAS?

Apologies, notification email jumped to the last reply

What are your settings under SETUP > FTP > FTP SERVER
Host Name      ftp.mywebsitename.com
 Port       (Default is 21) 21
 User Name       myusername
 Password               ******
 Path               /public_html/0Cam1        (hostgator shared server "/" works for foscams)
 Passive Mode    Yes No = YES (=NO also tried)

Are the settings the same as the Foscam cameras that are working?
Yes

Are all cameras (D-Link and Foscam) connected to the same router?
Yes

Are you using FTP to a PC or NAS?
Neither, Hostgator shared server account

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »

I use ftp fine with my 932l using latest beta firmware.

Host Name      IP
 Port      21
 User Name    
 Password    
 Path           /Surveillance/frontdoor
 Passive Mode   Yes

Some ftp servers do not like the / in front of path, some do.

I tried with the following path combinations and tried each with passive=Yes and passive =no
/public_html/0Cam1
public_html/0Cam1
<empty path>
/
public_html/
public_html
/public_html/
/public_html

Still no upload

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »

I conferred with one of our router gurus here, and he thinks the Uverse is likely the root cause, and is often difficult to get working well with other devices.  :-\

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 07:52:12 AM »

I conferred with one of our router gurus here, and he thinks the Uverse is likely the root cause, and is often difficult to get working well with other devices.  :-\

If that were the case
- why can I still see video from the dlink cameras even outside of my network via the Uverse router?
- why do my foscams both show video AND upload to the same FTP server via the Uverse router?

I have my issues with Uverse, but I think they are too often used as an easy "out".

Thanks anyway.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-932L - Unable to Setup FTP with Uverse Router
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »

From what you described, your D-Link and Foscam cameras worked on your previous router and the only thing that changed was the swapping in of the Uverse device. Since D-Link and Foscam are different manufacturers, the way FTP is treated may vary. The ability to access  the DCS-932L through HTTP/HTTPS is very different from the FTP protocol.

I'm updating the subject header of your post to include "Uverse", perhaps other members who have the same router can lend a hand.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:10:57 AM by JavaLawyer »

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Unable to Setup FTP with Uverse Router
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

I'm updating the subject header of your post to include "Uverse", perhaps other members who have the same router can lend a hand.

correct and good idea, thanks

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »

Just FYI, Uverse modems are notorious for not working will in some user router configurations. There even made so they can't be bridged all. Some users have used the DMZ or DMZ Plus feature in the modems to help in some external router configurations. I'm not sure if this might help, however the possible addition of a dedicated external router such as a DIR/DGL series router to the modem and placing the router in to the modems DMZ section could help with getting the FTP services to work better between the out side WAN and inside LAN. Most ISP modems don't carry advanced or good features for FTP and port usage where external routers like D-Links are designed with this in mind and usually has more features to offer.

My suggestion.  ;)
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »

Just FYI, Uverse modems are notorious for not working will in some user router configurations. There even made so they can't be bridged all. Some users have used the DMZ or DMZ Plus feature in the modems to help in some external router configurations. I'm not sure if this might help, however the possible addition of a dedicated external router such as a DIR/DGL series router to the modem and placing the router in to the modems DMZ section could help with getting the FTP services to work better between the out side WAN and inside LAN. Most ISP modems don't carry advanced or good features for FTP and port usage where external routers like D-Links are designed with this in mind and usually has more features to offer.

My suggestion.  ;)

again , my foscam cameras on the same network, using the same uverse router upload pictures to the FTP server just fine.

Thanks

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

I would recommend phone contacting D-Link support and asking them about this for more immediate information. If one brand of camera is working and the DCS isn't, there could be a problem in configuration or FW.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

txgreg66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »

Solution! - DNS settings. Enter actual DNS settings from your router, not the gateway address.

I was about to call Dlink support. Now I knew they would run me through the wizard so I went to run the wizard on one of the dlink cameras so I could tell support "yeah yeah I've run the wizard, still can't upload to FTP".

I ran the wizard (1.0.0.6) it correctly found both cameras. I continued the wizard for one camera connecting the ethernet cable, powering on/off etc After I did that all seemed well but on refreshing, mydlink.com could only see one camera. However, I could still see live video within my home network. I looked around and while the static IP address was still there the DNS settings had been blanked out. I wasn't sure what I had in there. I saved the new config and loaded the old config to see both DNS were set to my gateway address. I restored the new config,  entered the gateway address and ... still no luck. I then entered the actual DNS1 and DNS2 settings from my router et voila FTP is working and the camera is on mydlink.com

What about the other camera? DNS settings were present, but set to my gateway. Ah ha! Just need to enter DNS1 and DNS2 right? Nope, doesn't seem to do it. I saved the config, ran the wizard etc. I entered in the DNS settings from my router, now the FTP uploads have resumed.

To round this off the "other" cameras on my network (a private post to me accused me of merely wanting to promote those cameras...geez) also have a DNS setting, but I set that to the same as my gateway address. That works for the "other" cameras.

Once again I can now see which dogs are pooing on my front yard!

Thanks to you all who thought about this issue. I know you all have busy lives and I appreciate your time.
Pages: [1] 2