• April 23, 2024, 09:34:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detector Settings  (Read 3475 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Motion Detector Settings
« on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »

We have been using a DCS-932L and a 930L for over a year, both outside under overhangs. We set motion detection to trigger sending images via ftp to an offsite server.
We found it necessary to set the (very simplistic) "motion detection" sensitivity rather high 85% in order to capture people and vehicles on the driveway in front of the house - and even then it often misses some! So many that we have to use the 30 minute folder option. But slight changes in cloudiness (and lately fog - near Los Angeles, on the coast), and even the wind blowing rosebushes, trigger tons of images.
My question is, what settings do other people use for viewing the outdoor environment, and with what success?
Again, even with these settings we often miss people walking on the road!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:06:15 PM by acellier »

bubbaloo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Detector Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:47:25 AM »

I'm wondering the same thing about other people's motion detection settings.  I had it set to 30% last night and woke up with dozens of emails - all false alarms.  This morning I set it to 20% and am still getting lots of false alarms.  I have now set it to 10% and am waiting to see how that works.

Bobby

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Motion Detector Settings
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 06:53:03 AM »

Please see the following thread on the Network Camera FAQ board: DCS-9XX - Motion Detection Settings
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC