• May 03, 2024, 02:21:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless bridge mode. Printer doesn't work.  (Read 3986 times)

SunnyYeung

• Level 1 Member
Wireless bridge mode. Printer doesn't work.
« on: April 07, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

Here is my situation:
Wireless rounter(WRVS4400N) ---- connected ---- Wireless AP(WAP4400N) x 4

Wireless bridge(DAP-1522) ----- connected(LAN cable) ----- Printer(HP Deskjet 6127)

I have a wireless network based on 1 linksys rounter and 4 linksys accesspoint.(using WPA)
I need to setup a wireless bridge(DAP-1522) so i can connect a printer that is in another room.
The connection on the printer is ok. I can ping to the printer without any problem.
But once I want to print on the printer. it doesn't work.

I can only print on the printer when I connect my PC to the Wireless bridge using Lan cable (on any 4 port at the back).

The bridge firmware is (1.20)

saiyan

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless bridge mode. Printer doesn't work.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:11:42 PM »

I can only print on the printer when I connect my PC to the Wireless bridge using Lan cable (on any 4 port at the back).

Most wireless AP/router allows you to set inter-communication rule between wireless clients.
So if your PC can print to the printer when its connected via LAN port but not as another wireless client, you may want to check the settings in your wireless AP/router to see if wireless clients are allowed to coummunicate with each other.