• March 28, 2024, 11:03:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No camera in my mydlink.com  (Read 4120 times)

TrondA

• Level 1 Member
No camera in my mydlink.com
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »

Hi,
I've just managed to completely install my 932... The quick-guide in the enclosed CD-ROM did not help much - as commented in several post's here  :o
I managed to set up my camera using the ip-adress as an entry point - works fine. Why didn't the setup-guide mention that method? But - I have a few problems;

1) I wanted to change the password i initially set. The original one was 7 digits - the new one has 9 chars. As soon as I apply the change, the config-page (i.e. camera) ask for a new login since the password has been changed. Fine, but neither the new, nor the old password works... The only way to get back is a factory reset! Apparently there is a max number of chars. Anyone experienced the same?

2) When I rebuild the camera, I also changed the logical name. The cam is now no longer available in Mydlink.com! I have lost the camera in My Devices and there is no way to add a new device. Does anyone have an idea?

Eh.. Please - I'm in my winter cabin for easter holiday and want the cam to work before leaving  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: No camera in my mydlink.com
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »

Addressing the first of your two questions, The DCS-932L has an 8 character password limit.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TrondA

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »

Addressing the first of your two questions, The DCS-932L has an 8 character password limit.

Thanks - good to know. Even better if the system could give me that feedback when I typed the passord  :o

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

Thanks - good to know. Even better if the system could give me that feedback when I typed the passord  :o

That item is already a request on our DCS-932 Firmware Wishlist sticky post at the head of this board.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC