• March 29, 2024, 02:59:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Setup Wizard No Network Connection Detected  (Read 9019 times)

aj_bmwf650gs

• Level 1 Member
Setup Wizard No Network Connection Detected
« on: December 25, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

I have 2 new DCS-932L cameras which I set up manually and are working fine.  I want to get set up with mydlink so I ran the wizard and it fails after "checking PC Lan port..." and then throws up a "No Network Connection Detected" error.  The network connection is fine but this setup won't complete and the suggestions of "Make sure that your computer has an Ethernet port or a wireless networking card." and "make sure the adapter is enabled and connected" are useless.  I'm obviously connected to my network and the internet.  How do I get past this step?

fmagic

• Level 1 Member
Re: Setup Wizard No Network Connection Detected
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »

I am also receiving the same error message when trying to install my new DCS-932L that I received for Christmas. I have tried from two separate computers, one desktop with just a wired connection, and one laptop with both wireless and wired connection. All of the connections are enabled and working, but no matter what I try, the wizard does not detect a network connection. I could not write this message if my networking was not working! I hate installers that try too hard. Just let me install the device so I can register it for the MyDlink portal, or provide an alternative way of registering the device.

aj_bmwf650gs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »

I finally got this to work using a second Windows 7 PC.  Try fully disabling UAC in Windows and make sure the D-Link Wizard app is allowed in Windows Firewall. On my 2nd PC UAC is fully disabled and it did not throw that "Network Connection not found" error.

Before I tried the other Windows 7 PC I also had trouble when I attempted the install with my Macbook Pro.  It got a little further in the process but would never get past the part where you create the Mydlink account.  I think they need to work on their install wizard app on both Windows and OSX. Better yet they should ditch the wizard and allow us to set up accounts and cameras manually on mydlink.com.

jerra

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:31:02 AM »

I see this is an old thread and the OP's initial problem is resolved but...

I tried the changes to UAC as suggested with no luck. What worked for me was downloading an older version of the wizard.  I had originally downloaded v101_1420 from the website but ultimately reverted to a file set named DCS-932L_1005.  I found a list of all the files associated with the 932L at http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/

Not impressed by the process, and the inanity of the error msg as described in an earlier post was insulting. May as well have asked me to check if my computer was on.