• April 25, 2024, 05:00:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DHP-501AV  (Read 7208 times)

Capt Bill

• Level 1 Member
DHP-501AV
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »

I am having difficulty keeping the network connection between the router and the remote units. I pair them up, than move one to another location attach my laptop and it gives me a connection, But if I reboot the laptop I loose the connection that than can't be reconnected until I go again through the procedure. It can't find the router unit. I've spoken to CS twice but they say it shouldn't occur???? Help!

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: DHP-501AV
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »

Very simple,

Does the laptop remain connected if you continually use your laptop online?
The issue only occurs when you restart the laptop?

If possible I would suggest connecting another device to the powerline node on the remote end. Anything (desktop, another laptop, Xbox 360 etc) Then let it run for a bit and shut down and restart. Check the powerline LED on the unit? Does it go out?

Back on the laptop in question. When you reboot the laptop and loose the connection, what happens when you unplug and replug the powerline adapter? What happens when you disable and re-enable your network adapter within Windows?

What I am getting at is to use the process of elimination to determine if the issue is with the laptop only or with the powerline.

If the problem is isolated between the powerline adapter and only that laptop, it most likely is that your network interface card isn't "waking up" the powerline adpater either when it comes out of standby, hibernation or a reboot. The powerline node will go into standby if there is no link detected for a few minutes.

You may need to doublecheck the network adapter properties and see if there are some power management settings that you can modify that could force the adapter to send  some data through to wake the powerline adapter up.

Most computer do not have this issue and behave properly with other green ethernet products.