• April 23, 2024, 05:46:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L, Java applet crash, Still image broken link, Mac OS X 10.6.8  (Read 5377 times)

chrismb

• Level 1 Member

Hello,

I just purchased a DSC-932L (HW A1, FW 1.00).  When you go into the camera's settings (https://192.168.0.1, for example), and look at the Live Video page, the java applet causes Chrome, Firefox, and Safari to crash.  This crash somehow hangs the camera, which needs to be power cycled to come back.

If I use Setup > Video > View Mode to select Java, it happens most of the time and it's hard to change the settings back because it keeps crashing.  If I leave that setting as Image and click the radio button on the live video page, it works okay sometimes.  I have tried doing a factory reset.  Same results.

After going back to the "Image" setting last night, everything was fine.  This morning, the still image was missing and showed a broken image link.  I flipped the video mode to Java and back to Image.  Everything is fine again...for now.

The video works fine with mydlink and is also fine with mydlink lite.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 with Java for 10.6 update 5 (both the latest).  (No need to reply telling me to buy a PC, thanks.  I'm not asking anyone to buy a Mac.)

The firmware seems buggy to me.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris