• April 23, 2024, 04:20:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L Loses connectivity from router  (Read 17131 times)

alexandersgroi

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L Loses connectivity from router
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:27:51 AM »

hello does anyone have a solution for this?

I have a dcs-932l connected wireless to a dlink dir-825 extreme n router.
the camera works for 2-3 days continuously then goes offline. the only way to get it back online is to turn on/off both the router and camera?

anyone else having this issue? can anyone suggest a solution?
I'm using the camera to monitor a house remotely and it's not convenient to physically perform the on/off routine.
thanks
alex

Ken

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L Loses connectivity from router
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »

Go to Setup then Maintenance then System in the left-hand column of options. There's a "Reboot the Device" button. Click on that button and in the device will come back up in a few minutes. I'd click on the Save Configuration first though so you don't lose your config.

If it's a router problem then I'm sure there is a remote management option to reboot that as well.

Perhaps to clean things up you first do a router reboot, then in the camera you save the 932L configuration, then reboot the 932L.

ken

Drod47lax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »

I am having the same connectivity issue.  I spent about 10 min on hold with dlink support to have the "technician" power cycle the camera (which I had previously done along with the modem and router).  He then verified my settings and acted like the problem was fixed.  I told him it would be a matter of hours before it stops working again.  Sure enough it did.  Continually rebooting isn't a solution to this issue.  There has to be a way to fix the problem.  I hope "level 2 support" calls soon.  I use the camera to monitor my daughter and make sure she doesn't climb out of her crib in the morning.  I'm getting sick of sleeping on the floor in her room.

There are no other connection problems with our smart phones, pc's, and mac's.  Please help!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »

I experienced the same problem. After escalating the issue with D-Link, I  was issued an RMA for a new DCS-932L. Although I received the new camera, I haven't had the time to setup and test the replacement.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

maldrax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »

I'm running into the same problem. Works great for a few hours and then needs a reboot. I'm going to get a replacement camera and see if that works.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:15 AM »

I'm running into the same problem. Works great for a few hours and then needs a reboot. I'm going to get a replacement camera and see if that works.

Good luck. Please let us know how things turn out.

maldrax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »

I upgraded the firmware and connected the camera to a new wireless network. (It was connected to an Apple Airport Express network, now it's connected to the cable modem wireless)

For the last 12 hours everything has been fine.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »

I upgraded the firmware and connected the camera to a new wireless network. (It was connected to an Apple Airport Express network, now it's connected to the cable modem wireless)

For the last 12 hours everything has been fine.

Glad to hear everything is stable (fingers crossed). The Apple modem may have contributed to the issue, although a number of users have also reported that updating the firmware added some measure of stability.  :-\