• March 28, 2024, 10:54:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Firmware Upgrade for DCS-930L and DCS-932L  (Read 74186 times)

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware Upgrade for DCS-930L and DCS-932L
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »

Strange. I spoke with D-link tech support last week. They indicated that there were never any firmware updates for the DCS-930L/932L series and that the existing v1.0 firmware wasn't available to users (or D-Link internal) as a download for manual upgrading.

And you believe them? Seeing is believing...its for real.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »

Don't shoot the messenger. On two occasions D-Link said that since no external firmware file exists for restoring the DCS-932L to the factory default setting (in the event of corrupt firmware), they don't have the capacity to perform issue resolution on the DCS-932L beyond the stepwise walking of users through the setup process. So if they hit a wall, an RMA is issued.

Makes no sense.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:31:40 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kmau

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon a way to make the new firmware 1.02 work in english. At least it worked for me.
Just reinstall the new firmware again, when finished it will now show in english. Only downside is that you have to muddle your way through the install in French.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon a way to make the new firmware 1.02 work in english. At least it worked for me.
Just reinstall the new firmware again, when finished it will now show in english. Only downside is that you have to muddle your way through the install in French.

Do you see any changes or new functionality in the new firmware?

kmau

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:13 AM »

Didn't really see anything of any note. it did get rid of the nag to update though.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »

Didn't really see anything of any note. it did get rid of the nag to update though.

It would be nice if a representative from D-Link would visit this section of the forum to explain what's going on with the firmware (and hardware) development cycle as it relates to the DCS-93X series, but I suppose that would be too much to ask.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

Good luck with that!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »

Good luck with that!

Unlike the more popular product forums, to date, I don't think there's been any D-Link activity in this camera-related forum

n7vxj0

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

An interesting problem for you Guys. My dcs-930l was working fine on wireless, until I did the firmware upgrade. Now no matter what I do, I can't get the wireless to work. I am using a quest q1000 modem. I have tried pressing the wps button on the exterior of the case, as well as connecting to the modem and making sure wps is turned on in the modem itself, and trying to use use the button for push button configuration there. Any ideas, or solutions?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »

An interesting problem for you Guys. My dcs-930l was working fine on wireless, until I did the firmware upgrade. Now no matter what I do, I can't get the wireless to work. I am using a quest q1000 modem. I have tried pressing the wps button on the exterior of the case, as well as connecting to the modem and making sure wps is turned on in the modem itself, and trying to use use the button for push button configuration there. Any ideas, or solutions?

You may want to try resetting the camera to the factory defaults by holding a paper clip in the pinhole on the rear of the camera for 8 seconds (while the camera is powered up).

n7vxj0

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »

Tried that, still nothing.Any other ideas?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »

Tried that, still nothing.Any other ideas?

I experienced a similar issue where I couldn't connect using wireless even after reverting to the default firmware.  D-Link customer support was unable to correct the wireless either. Ultimately, I received an RMA for a new device.

liephediake

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »

tramadol dosage

TD99

• Level 2 Member
RELEASE NOTES!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

OK, so I contacted D-Link Support and actually got a hold of the firmware release notes (which appear to be internal confidential company documents).

I also complained about the fact that no D-Link employee ever chimes in on the many posts here in the forum. This was their response...

Please copy and past the link below into your browser to download the release notes. notes for your firmware will begin at the 1.02 b3 on the second page

http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/temp/PMD/7554/DCS-930L_A1_Release%20Note_FW1.03build3.doc

The forum is moderated however it is not staffed to provide support. The forum is for the community to assist other members and to chat about the products and experiences or issues with the product.

Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please reply to this message, or call toll free at 877-453-5465.

Thank you for networking with D-Link.

You will notice that the latest firmware version shown on page 1 of the doc is of v1.03_build3 which I didn't even know existed. I only knew of v1.02_build 3. Furthermore I don't know if it's actually been released (I certainly can't find it).

One thing's for sure, absolutely no firmware files can be found on the product's download page (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DCS-930L&tab=3).

The only place I've seen any mention of firmware updates is when I log into mydlink.com. I posted a screenshot of that earlier in this thread.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »

Good to know. I'll ask them when v1.03, Build 3 can be expected for customers in the US.

I am still running v1.00 Build 9 on all six of my cameras, and after reading the release notes, I see some issues I've been encountering resolved in the newer versions.

Some of the issues include:

- Fixed motion detection block area settings incorrect. (fixed in v1.00, Build 10)
- FTP (motion detection mode) upload sometimes stop abnormally. (fixed in v1.01, Build1)

And here are some enhancements I'd like to take advantage of:
- Add e-mail 6 motion frames (3 frames before and 3 frames after motion detection) option (added in v1.01, Build1)
- Support Firmware Restoration on bootcode when update firmware failed. (added in v1.03, Build 3)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5