• March 28, 2024, 07:24:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-455  (Read 175030 times)

gmansa

• Level 1 Member
DIR-455
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »

Unfortunately I don't see any other place to put posts for the 455.

I'm having some issues with it, something the modem works 100% and other times the red 3G lights just keeps and flashing and the log is full of (one every 3 seconds):
syslog: Not Support Module [0x19d2 0x16]

It's not the SIM card, have tried more than one type from different operators

When I put in settings for the 3G it doesn't work very often. Without any settings it's works most of the time.

DIR-455U
Firmware Version : V1.03

Faithback

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-455
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »

I also had this problem. I got out of it by inserting a different SIM card (from another Network) when I had made a connection (no special effort), I returned the first SIM card.
The procedure did not work the first time. On second attempt, it worked.

jacques

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:28:46 AM »

I'm getting the same problem... Works one moment then the next moment it just doing the stupid flashing lights thing.

It's not the network thats giving the problem as my simcard works perfectly in my usb 3g modem. It gets a full signal strengh as well in my usb 3g modem where as at best WHEN its working i get 35% signal..

My advice will be to just not buy a d-link again...

Faithback

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:40:01 AM »

Seems like the devices requires a 32K SIM. Has been working relatively well with a 32K SIM.

What a dummy I was today to get the Cell C data package (without their modem) in the hope of using it with the DIR-455U... it is a 128K SIM.

This need not have been such a disappointment if only D-Link support was available. No firmware upgrade, no information. >:(

jacques

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:51 AM »

and no reply from any of the DLink people suppose to be working for DLink and/or on the Forum...

shana

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »

Dental in mexico and implants in tijuana
mexico dental implants Tijuana dentists and clinic

jtdb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »

This is the worst 3G router out there.

If you are considering buying one I will strongly advise you to:
1.) Not buy the router.
2.) Keep the receipt!

I cannot believe that such crap can be put to market.

I actually phoned Dlink SA before making the purchase. They were a helpfull bunch I must admit ;(
When I eventually got to someone who didn't just say we will phone you back, or we will find out, or the specs is available on the Internet, I got told the most utter bs I have ever come across.

The WiFi is set to 100% signal strength and I cannot even get more than 20% reception in the very next room !!!! In the living room there is no reception and I do not have a big place, anything smaller will be considered a garage.

The 3G reception is poor and the throughput via SpeedTest.net is much poorer than 3G modem from exact sam location. 3G modem is doing about 6 times the transfer rate up and down as the D(rag)-Link unit.

Anyway hopefully the vendor will refund me, still have the box after not being able to set the password during the initial config I thought well this box is a keeper. Very cool 40cm LAN cable was included.

I am very dissapointed and will not easily buy another DLink product.

On the upside, it is all black and has flashy lights.

Phil1020

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »

My Dlink DIR-455U Wireless 3G router refuses to connect to any of my mobile service providers.  I have tried simcards from 3 different providers including 8TA, Vodacom and MTN but the light remains a rapidly flashing red. 

I get zero signal no matter where I position the modem in the room.  When I use my cellphone or regular 3G USB data modem (Huawei E1820) I always get a strong signal. Someone suggested I should try a 32k simcard, however our service providers only seem to sell higher spec cards.

In addition, the wireless networking capability is appalling.  It fizzles out in a radius of about 8 metres from my desk (line-of-sight!).

By comparison, my old MTN B970 Wireless 3G router could be placed anywhere on my premises and I was able to pick up 3 bars of signal even when the modem was upstairs and I was sitting downstairs with my laptop, underneath a concrete floor slab!  I could venture outside with my laptop and still pick up signal from the other side of my garden, through the building walls!  I can only conclude that the Dlink modem is incredibly under-powered.

I looked everywhere and there are no firmware updates for this unit.  I am considering replacing the small standard antenna with a powerful YAGI external antenna.  Not sure if the standard antenna is for 3G reception in the first place, but I already have the YAGI so may as well try it.  Will post the results here if it works.

bdvtheone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 03:07:32 AM »

Hi,

1 - did anyone find it difficult to locate the product on the D-link websites?
2 - the D-link SA website might not as well exist, in actual fact they might as well do away with the global d-link website as well as products seem to differ from country to country. (global?)
3 - D-link support seems to be non existent

I must say i am not happy at all with this device, i bought 2 of these devices, one for work and one for a friend for home use. I have worked with the linksys and have never experienced so many problems in my life. I cant believe we are now in 2011 and they still cant get it right. How were they able to sell these products in a coutry when clearly this device has problems? I was told by a D-link "support engineer" to run a firmware update.... WHAT FIRMWARE UPDATE ?????

I sadly also experienced the flashing RED 3G light using Vodacom on the unit. I tried everything......multiple settings, multiple variations of the settings for 3G etc.

I got frustrated and turned the device off for roughly 10 minutes, when i turned it back on my 3G light turned green????  seems like you have to switch the device off before it will work. although to be honest it seems this device would make a better ornament than an actual communication device.

I will keep you updated, im not expecting this thing to carry on working....

odhiambo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »

I have this device in KE, where I use it with Safaricom and it does work quite well, I must say, except some times I have to reboot it to continue working.
My worst shortcomings with it are as follows:

1. The SMS feature on the web UI does not work! It has never worked for me, even just sending test sms!!
2. Being a router, with a built-in DHCP server, I feel the DHCP server implementation is quite inadequate. A
   DHCP Server should have a provision for address reservatiions. DIR-655 has this, so I wonder why the
   D-Link engineers could not just move the code into DIR-455.
Most saddening is the fact D-Link support guys cannot even listen to you. They have the lousiest support system. A web-based ticketing system which they don't even look at. A Support Team who you can call (in DXB) but which can only afford to waste your time asking useless questions despite telling them of the ticket you have created on their website. D-Link ME tech support site is http://207.150.194.182/index.php?navigation=tech_support and has got very outdated information (firmware, etc).

johncaipa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »

Regards,
I have the DIR-455, and am trying to use this router to implement a web server using the 3G network for a remote monitoring project, with a measuring instrument that soports web server. I tried several configurations to enable the virtual server on the router, but the truth, the information I sought, it is very basic and I could not connect to my web server via 3G network.
The measuring instrument has a web interface to which I access through the router on port 80, this instrument has a fixed IP 192.168.1.100, also, because my service has dynamic IP (The simcard provided by my ISP), I enabled the DDNS on the router.
I need help configuring the router so that when I type in my web browser the WAN-IP, which is currently the router on the internet, access the web interface of the measuring instrument that is connected to a LAN port.

thanks, I await your prompt response

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »

What region are you located?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

johncaipa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »

From Colombia. If you can help me send me an email, thank you.

Invo976

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:03 AM »

I'm having the same issues with 3G connection.
Tired of staring at the red 3G flashing light.
I've tried sim cards from different mobile networks without success.
I like the rest of the D-link range but the DIR-455U does not live up to D-Link's standard.

D-Link SA how about testing your product before you distribute!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:26 AM »

Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?

I'm having the same issues with 3G connection.
Tired of staring at the red 3G flashing light.
I've tried sim cards from different mobile networks without success.
I like the rest of the D-link range but the DIR-455U does not live up to D-Link's standard.

D-Link SA how about testing your product before you distribute!
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.