• April 16, 2024, 07:08:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sticky for ideas that wont be added in future firmware updates.....  (Read 35032 times)

slyder

• Level 2 Member
Re: Sticky for ideas to add in future firmware updates.....
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 04:51:51 AM »

Perhaps including an option to map in a shared network drive enabling direct access to files without the need of using a Media server... simply map in the drive (ip addr or \\server\sharename) and access the files directly.  Would resolve a ton of issues with being forced to use media servers to access certain filetypes etc and represents no more of a customer experience issue than that of files on a USB key.

equallywrong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 12:19:20 AM »

I would suggest DLink work with the PlayOn folks to include this in the firmware. The PlayOn server works great from the pc, but would be a Godsend if I didn't have to use the pc and just use the DSM-750.

***Keep up the great work D-Link. The firmware for the device as-is is awesome.***

vifa84

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »

• Better support for mkv files:  I know the firmware 1.02 update says it supports them but I have several HD x264 files, some 720p and others 1080p blu-ray rips that play with popcorn hour A-110 fine but will not play on the  750 without going into slow motion and/or losing audio.  The files sizes rage from 4.5gb to 10gb.

Better compatability with media servers

The ability to play files streamed from http servers, like Llink as http  servers seem to stream at a higher bit rate than upnp packet streamers

fly

• Level 2 Member
  • I am getting rid of 2 DSM-750's. Firmware upgrade?
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 06:08:45 AM »

How about an option to "boost" the audio? Some videos have very low audio when played through the 750. When I play them through my PS3, using the same D-Link media server, they sound fine. ???

etreadaw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »

How about setting the DSM with the ability to go to Netflix and play there titles.

fly

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »

How about a firmware update? Its been a while and no one is letting anyone even beta test any updates? Will there be an update anytime soon? Sound off if you would like to be "in the loop"! ???

djloewen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 06:15:44 AM »

I'd love a progress report here, an ETA and a list of expected updates.

fly

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »

Is there an idea of when some of the concerns and problems will be addressed with a new firmware upgrade? It's time to take care of the people who have put a lot of money down on this device, in these wonderful economic times, and give us new firmware or at least let us know what is being worked on and when it might be released.

C'mon guys, do the right thing and keep us in the loop!

glighto11

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 05:52:32 AM »

I have just redone my home theater with some new Sony components and added this 750 to the mix and it works great. In view of the new Sony equipment (and others) which are firmware upgradable via a lan connection, I would like to see a firmware, or hardware upgrade, that would allow the use of the 750 as a wireless bridge. Does anyone know the inner workings of the 750 to know if this is possible?

Arvald

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »

I have just redone my home theater with some new Sony components and added this 750 to the mix and it works great. In view of the new Sony equipment (and others) which are firmware upgradable via a lan connection, I would like to see a firmware, or hardware upgrade, that would allow the use of the 750 as a wireless bridge. Does anyone know the inner workings of the 750 to know if this is possible?
the answer to this one will like be something like "not what this device is meant for"
I'd rather they use the firmware space myself for further codecs and features. 

CyberCS

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »

If you want a wireless bridge get the DAP-1555 it will do the job and works with the 750

Dr Who

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »

Hi,
  I just got my DSM-750 (I had a DSM-320 before). One thing I really really miss is having the preset on the remote - I had a bunch of internet radio stations and playlists and I could just assign them a number via the remote and then when I wanted to switch stations/playlist I just hit the number on the remote - There was no navigating all the menus etc. This make it so much more friendly to use - PLEASE addd this feature :-). I'm using XP so it's running in MediaLounge mode

VladVlad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »

Ability for a smooth playback of AVIs with both unpacked bitstreams and packed bitstreams. It`s a pain to convert files back and forth

Thanx

Clayton

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »

Would like to see the ability to change the screen format from 4:3 to widescreen without having to use the TV Zoom 1 or 2 as it chopps off their heads

mike2715

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

Does your tv have an aspect button? You might want to try that instead of zoom.

Mike
Pages: 1 [2] 3