• March 28, 2024, 03:24:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: iTunes, shared library not responding  (Read 8799 times)

bklynkid

• Level 1 Member
iTunes, shared library not responding
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »

Hi there,
I can't seem to get the iTunes feature to work. I setup it all up, the DNS-321 shows up in the left side in iTunes but if I click on it it says "Shared library is not responding. Check the firewall software running on either the shared computer or this computer has been set to allow communication on port 3689." Obviously the DNS-321 doesnt have a firewall and I don't have one running either. What's stopping them from communicating when they are on the same network?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: iTunes, shared library not responding
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »

Check your Windows firewall. You can first try disabling it and see if it works properly. If that works you may have to manually add iTunes to the Exceptions.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

bklynkid

• Level 1 Member
Re: iTunes, shared library not responding
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »

Thanks for the response.

I am using OS X. However I did try to disable the firewall (as "Allow all connections") and then seperately tried to add iTunes with that port as the exception.

Is the firewall the only thing that could be the issue here? Any settings on the router (running latest dd-wrt) that could be preventing this?

Thanks again.