• March 28, 2024, 04:14:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with Vista  (Read 5449 times)

rba1b2c3d

Problem with Vista
« on: August 15, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

I have hooked my NAS up to a home network that has 1 XP machine and one Vista machine. The XP machine had no problem mapping the drive using the included CD. Vista on the other hand keeps seeing the drive as a device and keeps asking for a driver and won't show the drive in Windows Explorer. It seemed like it went through all the steps on the CD to map the network drive, but I can't access it. This computer had 3 hard drives and 2 dvd burners and I even renamed all the drives before I installed the network drive so I could assign it the same drive letter I gave it on the XP machine. What should I try now?

Vista Ultimate
2GB ram
2.4ghz core 2 duo

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Problem with Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:08:31 AM »

The DSN-321 drivers are located on the CD in the PNP-X folder. Please point to this folder when installing the drivers. Mapping the drive should be done in Vista using the Easy Search Utility as done in XP.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:25:23 AM by ECF »
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

sdhome

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:03:53 AM »

I just received my DNS-321. I was not aware that it required any drivers. I will be accessing it from two Windows Vista laptops. Can you explain what the drivers are used for? I'm guessing that it may be for the UPnP AV Server from the name of the folder referenced above. Thanks for your help.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »

The drivers are just for Vista PNP-X support and makes the DNS icon look like the unit. The device will function fine without the drivers.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream