• April 26, 2024, 06:36:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-750 will not play .avi over wireless  (Read 3933 times)

Rafkin

• Level 1 Member
DSM-750 will not play .avi over wireless
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:28:41 AM »

I have a 750 and a 320. Both are over a wireless network using MediaLounge on a XP computer. Pictures and music work great on both. My movies work fine on the 320 but will not play on the 750 over network. they will play if I load them on a USB drive. It will show my video library but as soon as I hit OK or Play the TV screen goes black, not even getting the "thinking circle" thingy. I am hooked to the TV using composite cable and using the latest firmware, hooked to a Sharp Aquos 60" LED. I purchased this 750 about 3 months ago over eBay and it worked fine when I got it, just noticed the .avi problem about a week ago. Have tried all the resolution settings with no luck. Like I mentioned earlier, 320 plays fine and the movies will play on the 750 of the USB, just not off network. Thanks for any help with this.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DSM-750 will not play .avi over wireless
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »

Did you try streaming avis from your DNS-320 and DSM-750 via a wired network connection?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Mikecandu

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSM-750 will not play .avi over wireless
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:02 AM »

Rafkin,

See thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13810.0

I installed the playon server and set up the "My Media (beta)" part and the results were amazing. I'm using a similar setup to you also (Windows XP connected wirelessly to Media Lounge). If you install playon you'll see two servers through Media lounge. The default Windows Media and the playon (my media) server. You'll have to set up which folders you want to share in the playon "my media" tab before you can stream your media.

Just make sure you have VLC installed before you download playon.

Mike