• April 19, 2024, 01:36:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Will D-link update the 750 to support Active TV  (Read 6772 times)

kward

Will D-link update the 750 to support Active TV
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »

I must say I once again feel the need to express my disappointed with the DSM-750...

I specifically purchased the 750 for use with Internet TV of some sort...
Surely D-link, like the rest of us, has been let down by the promise of MS Internet TV which apparently has dispersed into cyberspace as if it never existed at all .

Does D-Link Intend to update the 750's firmware to support Active TV and AMD Live as originally planned or does the commitment to M$ prevent that.

I need to make a decision soon whether to keep or return the DSM-750. I do hope someone responds..

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Will D-link update the 750 to support Active TV
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »

I do not know of any plans for ActiveTV support on the DSM-750 at this time. I have not seen any documentation stating that ActiveTV will be supported on this device. However using Windows Media Center and the DSM-750 as an extender when you goto online content and access the online channels offers you a very similar experience and many of the same channel of online content.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

ablevy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

Hmmm.  Since Active TV is going to support Netflix instant watching, it looks like the 520 is the better bargain.

Alan

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:19:19 AM »

Well if you are using the Media Extender option you have access to may similar online services as the ActiveTV

jakobbg

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »

Well if you are using the Media Extender option you have access to may similar online services as the ActiveTV

Have imported this device to Norway - is this online content also available for users outside of US? I have not seen anything like this on my device this far ...

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »

Do you have online content on you Media Center PC? That is the content you will have available.