• April 19, 2024, 06:48:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Anomaly With VoIP Phone Connected To DSS-5+ Switch  (Read 4728 times)

TechGuy545

• Level 1 Member
Anomaly With VoIP Phone Connected To DSS-5+ Switch
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:06:32 AM »

We are having an unusual problem with DLink DSS-5+ switches.

Two of our Iwatsu IX-5910 VoIP phones are going through separate 5 port DLink 10/100 Fast Ethernet DSS-5+ Switches.  The switches are in place because in one case there are several printers connected to it, so that the printers and IP phone can be shared on 1 ethernet run back to the company computer room.  In the other case, several computers and 1 IP phone are connected to that switch, for the same reason.

Here is the problem:
Occasionally, and not necessarily at the same time, the switches will become locked up such that the IP phones, printers, and computers lose connection to the network.  Once the switch is power cycled, all is well again for a few days, until it locks up once again.

Is there an explanation for why the switches seem to have trouble with VoIP traffic?

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but I searched and subsequently found this forum to be the most suitable for such inquiry.  Thank you all.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:16:37 AM by TechGuy545 »

TechGuy545

• Level 1 Member
Re: Anomaly With VoIP Phone Connected To DSS-5+ Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

*bump

TechGuy545

• Level 1 Member
Re: Anomaly With VoIP Phone Connected To DSS-5+ Switch
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »

I know one thing; I won't be buying ANY more DLink switches.