• April 22, 2024, 11:56:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-685 Xbox problem  (Read 6103 times)

spikeywelsh

• Level 1 Member
DIR-685 Xbox problem
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »

hello i am new to this board i have just got myself a DIR-685 i can get everthing else to connect to it but the xbox.  having a look round the board i have seen that other routers have had the same problem and a up date to the firmware solved the problem then i try to update it with one that i got off the dlink ftp site i get this error.

The chosen file is not a valid firmware image file

the file i am uploading is

dir685_fw_101NA.bin

thanks for the help

johsm67

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-685 Xbox problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:33:01 AM »

What kind of problem and setup do you have? (Wireless addon adapter to the Xbox / DHCP etc...)

I did have a problem with another router (Watchguard firebox) and the XBOX360 Wireless addon adapter!
(The original MS one, there is a new one out on the market now, maybe it's better....)
The chipsets was not compatible with each other, so i did abbandon the XBOX wireless addon adapter.....
(The XBXO Wireless addon adapter did however work fine with the old DGL-4300)

Other things to check if you use wireless: use 802.11g settings on the router and the xbox!
(Remember the XBOX has wireless dualband 2,4Ghz & 5Ghz on the wireless addon adapter, but the DIR-685 only operates at 2,4Ghz)
Turn off WEP/WPA etc on D-Link settings and the Xbox during troubleshooting the setup!
Try to use a fixed IP/gateway&DNS setting on the XBOX, maybe the DHCP server died for you!

The firmware you want to use seems to be for the US version of the DIR-685, there is no update for Europe DIR-685 boxes yet if that is your setup/version.... (Someday maybe...)

spikeywelsh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »

thank you for the replay have had a look at the new XBOX360 Wireless addon adapter its +Nwhat seams a lot better.

have tryed it with every thing off the xbox can see the router and asks for the password, but will not do anything after that.  hope the new firmware come out soon.

its just strange how everthing else will conect to it evem the WII does

morphy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »

I have the n type adaptor and my 360 connects ok.