• April 24, 2024, 12:54:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-750 is dropped by my PC in network discovery  (Read 4026 times)

saitoh183

• Level 1 Member
DSM-750 is dropped by my PC in network discovery
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:40:49 PM »

Im running Windows 7 x64 RTM with a DIR-825 router and DSM-750 via wireless N

Since i have had it, i havent had any real issues with getting it to connect to my pc with WMC or medialounge. A week ago i was doing some test...try to get MKV's to stream via PS3 MS and other means. I decided to connect the DSM to my Virtual machine running W7 x86 for some testing. Thats when the problems started...getting it to connect was a hassle with the VM because it just didnt show up in Network(windows network discovery) so WMC could establish the connection. I finally got it to work(closing and restarting multiple times the VM and DSM-750).

Then after my test proved that the problem was the same for mkv's, I decided to redo the connection via my PC instead of the VM. Same issue, DSM not showing up in network. I see everything thing else on the network but that. I could ping the DSM but WMC wouldnt connect...I decided to reboot my PC and after the reboot, it could see the DSM and connect via WMC. So i thought everything was fine...but then a few hours later i come to play something via medialounge and it couldnt find any media servers under My Media nor could i connect to WMC. So i went back to my PC and as i suspected, couldnt see it in network anymore. Also my PS3 MS could see the dsm but in WMC on my PC, it couldnt establisha  connection.So this time i decided to reset the DSM and once that was done i still couldnt see it...rebooted PC and it came back up again.It didnt disconnect while i was watching something.

Im running Microsoft Security Essentials and my firewall is properly configured to open all ports for Media extender and WMP and WMC. i even tried turning off the Firewall but the only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting.

pmanse

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSM-750 is dropped by my PC in network discovery
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »

Did you ever get an answer for this?  I'm experiencing the same problem with a DNS-343.  D-Link Tech Support has been... not good.