• April 16, 2024, 08:17:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware upgrade DWA-645 PCMCIA Card?  (Read 57091 times)

hulting74

• Level 1 Member
Firmware upgrade DWA-645 PCMCIA Card?
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »

Hi

Is there any possibility to upgrade the firmware for a DWA-645 PCMCIA Card?

Regards,

/Stefan

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
Re: Firmware upgrade DWA-645 PCMCIA Card?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:02:43 PM »

Possible, not probable.

What problem/ issue are you looking to fix specifically via a firmware change as opposed to a driver change?
Meanest person you know

hulting74

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:10 PM »

hi

I´m running Debian Etch and the latest MadWifi driver, this only supports 2.0 firmware and i have 1.0 firmware according to the device. I understand that this driver is not supported by Dlin, but do you possibly have any tips?

Regards,

/Stefan 

MitchSchaft

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 02:22:57 AM »

bump

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:04:42 PM »

I don't have a great solution. It is possible that D-Link included a firmeware update in their driver. I haven't seen that happen personally since the DWL-650 (802.11b card). By if your stuck, it may be a fortuitous journey to find a Microsoft machine to install the card in with "updated" drivers that may include a firmware update.
Meanest person you know

jupiter

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

Really?  Ubuntu 7.04 works fine with the 645 & the wrapper

how rare

hulting74

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:43:57 PM »

Hi "We Are Many"

Can you verify which "firmware version" you have on your card? Mine says "Firmware 1.0" written on the backside of the card.

Regards

/Stefan

hulting74

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »

Hi

No new firmware in the driver, tested to install it with the latest driver and Windows VIsta, any suggestions?

/Stefan

hulting74

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »

hi

Whohoo! Success, manually installed the MadWifi driver from the "madwifi-ng" snapshot tree and that seem to support the D-Link DWA 645 :-)

/Stefan

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »

Most of the drivers available from D-Link include a firmware. In-fact I believe they are all currently using the same Atheros build. You can see it in the code during the install. I am however not sure if the driver package is smart enough to detect what code is currently running on the adapter or just brute forces the update anyway. It would seem the latter would cause unnecessary abuse to what ever EPPROM or storage device is on the card itself.
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

jonnajulee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »

The D-Link Wireless N CarBus Adapter  is a draft 802.11n client device that delivers unrivaled wireless performance for your notebook computer. With this adapter, you can add or upgrade your notebook computer’s wireless connectivity without having to purchase a new one. Once connected, access your network’s high-speed Internet connection while sharing photos, files, music, video, printers, and storage. Get a better Internet experience with a faster wireless connection so you can enjoy surfing, gaming, downloading, and video streaming.

Powered by Wireless N technology, this notebook adapter provides a faster wireless connection and superior reception than 802.11g 1. This notebook adapter is designed for use in bigger homes and for users that demand higher performance networking. Maximize wireless performance by connecting this notebook adapter to a Wireless N router and stay connected from virtually anywhere in your home. It can also be used with 802.11g and 802.11b wireless networks to experience significantly improved reception. This notebook adapter supports WEP, WPA™ and WPA2™ encryption to prevent outside intrusion and protect your personal information from being exposed.