• March 28, 2024, 09:09:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-652 VERY POOR SIGNAL RECEPTION  (Read 13339 times)

Stuball

• Level 1 Member
DWA-652 VERY POOR SIGNAL RECEPTION
« on: January 10, 2010, 08:58:08 AM »

I have a DIR-615 N router.  My Dell Latitude D610 laptop XP Pro service pack 3, has a built in wireless G card.  The signal strength when using the built in G card is "very good".  I purchased a DWA-652 N cardbus adapter.  I disabled the built in G card and enabled the DWA-652 N card.  The signal strength when using the DWA-652 N went down to "low" and sometimes goes down to "very low".  When using the built in G card I can pick up the signal from anywhere in my house.  When using the DWA-652 N adapter, the signal is so poor I cannot use it in some rooms.  Why does the signal reception degrade when using the DWA-652 N adapter compared to the built in G adapter?  How can the problem be fixed?  Thanks

bodhi

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-652 VERY POOR SIGNAL RECEPTION
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »

I'm interested in the same information. Could it be because the DWA-652 driver only works with XP SP2? Does any one know if the latest driver works with XP SP3?
Thanks.

terencec

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-652 VERY POOR SIGNAL RECEPTION
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »

The latest driver 1.5 will work on Window XP SP3. I have all the latest window update.

However, you must follow the instruction on the manual. (I have to try a few different methods before I got it work!)
1. Disable built-in wireless card.
2. Uninstall any wireless driver
3. Must install the driver first before insert the card.
4. When the driver asks to insert the card, insert it.
5. The driver may complain no card found, ignore it. Choose "continue to install the driver".
6. Reboot the laptop and you should be able to find all wireless network!

I can get Excellent signal strength with 300Mb connection more than 20 feet block by a wall.