• April 27, 2024, 06:26:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem accessing computer in LAN  (Read 8646 times)

fjpabon

• Level 1 Member
Problem accessing computer in LAN
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »

Hello.  I just configured my new DIR-600 router and connected two computers, one wired and the other wirelessly.  The first one is a desktop with XP and the second one is a laptop with Vista.  Both computers connect without problem to the Internet.  If I ping either the router or the laptop from the desktop they respond correctly but the other way around it does not work.  Of course if I try to connect to a shared folder in the laptop I get an error message.  I already tried disabling the firewalls in both computers but still the laptop does not reply.  I hope somebody can help me with this problem.  Thanks in advance.

dburner

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem accessing computer in LAN
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »

I really want the same thing. I found a forum that says how to do this by using telnet.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21753745-Zyxel-P2602hwd1a-No-connection-between-WLAN-and-LAN

The problem is I can not conect using telnet on my DIR 600. Can any one help building a bridge beteween LAN and WLAN?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:35:44 PM by dburner »

ntranger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »

I have the same problem, please if you having a solutions post!, this situation going me crazy  ???.

Sorry for my bad english xD.

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »

try to activate, from firewall, something called "printers & folders share"...should work fine after that...

dburner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »

try to activate, from firewall, something called "printers & folders share"...should work fine after that...

There is no souch thing under the firewall section. However I saw UPnP enabled.

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »

try to deactivate the firewall completly...then you can be sure if this is not the cause
are you sure if the lan is configured properly?
(i have a tutorial regarding setting up the lan ...i used and for everything works just fine...the major cause was the firewall: "Allow to browse Network Neighborhood files and printers" ...i don't know how to attach to reply)

dburner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »

try to deactivate the firewall completly...then you can be sure if this is not the cause
are you sure if the lan is configured properly?
(i have a tutorial regarding setting up the lan ...i used and for everything works just fine...the major cause was the firewall: "Allow to browse Network Neighborhood files and printers" ...i don't know how to attach to reply)

Nop...didn't worked. Let my clarify a bit: I got a computer connected with a cable to the router and a laptop connected wireles, both run Win7 Ultimate. I want to find a way to share files easy between them.

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:46 AM »

i have two computer using XP (one wired and other one wireless) ... doesn't matter which operating system you use...there are particular settings for each system: for example you must set the same workgroup for both computers (try to find online some tutorials)...unfortunately i prefer to use XP...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:38:37 AM by altair_xms »