• March 28, 2024, 02:44:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Feedback and comments using the 1.13B01NA firmware  (Read 12891 times)

Jef

• Level 1 Member
Feedback and comments using the 1.13B01NA firmware
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »

So I took the plunge and flashed the new 1.13B01NA tonight in hopes it resolves my router hanging issue.

There doesn't appear to be a change log posted for this, so we don't even know if this was supposed to resolve the issue.

Can we please get a change log and also be clear if this FW is intended to resolve the router lockup issue?

Thanks,
Jef

Shoey Peachew

• Level 1 Member
Re: Feedback and comments using the 1.13B01NA firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »

Everything I use my router for works so far. 300mbps 5ghz connection to my other PC, Wireless Clients list doesn't break when Port Forwarding is enabled or break randomly for some odd reason, Port forwarding works. Really, the only thing left to check is if enabling DNS Relay will lockup my router, but only time will tell. If it's fixed, I can finally relax and really appreciate my router after all the drama and if it remains rock steady, it's an awesome router once again.

user11

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »

DNS relay enabled = 3 crashes in 4 hours time  :'(
shareport = still broken, printing works but screws up formatting of text(words randomly scrambled or printed on other pages), scanning with multifunction printer causes the network driver to crash/reset.  >:(
all in all haven't seen any improvement...
DIR-825 A1 F/W 1.13NA
TRENDnet TEW-652BRP V1.1R F/W DD-WRT v24 build 14896
Netgear FWG114Pv1 F/W 2.0r18

lagoodde

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:49 AM »

Can anyone tell me the procedure for obtaining the current beta firmware?  On this and my laptop manufacturer's forum (Lenovo) I've picked up that the current beta version may fix some issues I'm having, but I can't seem to locate the beta code ftp link.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jef

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »

You can find links to the new Beta Firmware:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=10465.0

ramcrazy23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »

I have been running 2 days straight with dns enabled and still running strong. the speed is the only down fall right now. I have 3 wireless clients, 1 computer in the same room the speed stays at 130Mbps and the other 2 computers are in the room right next to the router the speeds jump around alot the highest is 130Mbps but as low as 54Mbps. Trying different settings nothing is helping.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »

I get this all the time. I think the speed reported in the dlink is fubar. I think it's only reporting the maximum speed supported.

Are all your clients using N? can you force 40Mhz or at least 20/40 without any legacy connections and see if the speed is reported differently?

ramcrazy23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »

right now I have 2 computers running N and a wireless printer running.

dividebyzero

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »

I don't think i was getting the lock up problem as often as some but I did have it.  RMA'd old router because power plug was broken and had the router resetting a lot.  By the way, check to make sure power connector is not loose in unit. 

Seemed to fix the problem at least some what.  Not nearly as many problems.

I upgraded to this beta and it seems to not stay stable when computers are on both the 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz bands.   I just switched this computer from the 5 to the 2.4 and it's a stable as can be.  Can't check with only 5 tonight since my roommate has an old laptop and is using the internet.

I wish I could just have the dir-655 with dual bands.  That's what I was hoping this router to be but I've yet to be as impressed with this one as that one.

Thanks.

bobgott

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 08:50:40 AM »

I've been running the beta for a week .. and no lock up.  Before I was getting a lock up 3 to 4 times/week.

Haven't really tested the speed issue yet

1 step forward!
-bob

mbg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »

Does the wireless clients list (Status -> Wireless) work for anyone else? I can't remember it ever working for me.

bobgott

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

I've been running the beta for a week .. and no lock up.  Before I was getting a lock up 3 to 4 times/week.
I spoke too soon .. although I didn't get a lock up .. the router started slowing down significantly .. a reboot fixed whatever was going on.  Pages that would take a second or two was taking 5 seconds.  Plus I'm hardwired into the router!

So .. a little step forward .. I ran this thing for two weeks before a reset.  I'm not sure what information I can give that would be helpful .. but I'll only be patient with this thing for so long.
-bob