• March 28, 2024, 02:05:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 615 set up without CD (cd split/broke), issues  (Read 59283 times)

whatthe

• Level 1 Member
DIR 615 set up without CD (cd split/broke), issues
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »

Hi,

I bought the DIR-615, and had the cd in my bag for a couple days before I had a chance to set up the router. When I went to install the software, the CD was busted in half. I looked online for download for the installation cd, and looked on here, but the question about installation cds get ignored on here, and I couldn't find it outside the forum.

Anyway, I removed the bright orange sticker on the back and plugged the router into my computer. Windows 7 recognized it and tried some set up of it's own.  I couldn't get online with the windows 7 setup so I tried 192.168.0.1 and went through it, but it just went through and I still can't get online with that router.

End result is that the windows 7 seems to recognize the router as something, but the router is named something else...

using my old router and I'm lost and frustrated...

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR 615 set up without CD (cd split/broke), issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »

describe your network setup
reset the router to defaults using the reset button on the back
let us know what the status screen says about the wan IP

If you can get to the web config then the LAN side is working fine, so it seems the problem is on the WAN, but its hard to diagnose not knowing what your broadband specifications are. Could be DSL with a NAT/router Modem, or it could be cable with a bridge modem.

Lion

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:16:21 AM »

Hello,

I' ve problem with router configuration. I can't log on http://192.168.0.1/
Basically everything begin, when i changed access point in wireless configuration, afterward i can't reach http://192.168.0.1/, is it possible to doanything. I've already tried reboot router, system restore, internet works, but i can't reach http://192.168.0.1/?
Why i've tried to do anything there, because i had strange situation before, as i turned on laptop, it showed that internet works, everything ok, but i couldn't load any website, it just simple didn't open, every time i had to take of, take in ethernet cable. Maybe you can suggest why it was so?

Big thanks for answers.
Denis

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:38:42 AM »

go to start, run, type cmd, in that screen type IPconfig: what is your gateway address?

kukubau

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

Hi,

I bought the DIR-615, and had the cd in my bag for a couple days before I had a chance to set up the router. When I went to install the software, the CD was busted in half. I looked online for download for the installation cd, and looked on here, but the question about installation cds get ignored on here, and I couldn't find it outside the forum.

Anyway, I removed the bright orange sticker on the back and plugged the router into my computer. Windows 7 recognized it and tried some set up of it's own.  I couldn't get online with the windows 7 setup so I tried 192.168.0.1 and went through it, but it just went through and I still can't get online with that router.

End result is that the windows 7 seems to recognize the router as something, but the router is named something else...

using my old router and I'm lost and frustrated...

The cd doesn't help you much. Use the wizard "Internet Connection Wizard" from the router's config page 192.168.0.1

Look for a "clone mac address" option and clone the mac address for the network card you used to have internet access. The one registered at your ISP. Take a look at the 'emulator' for your router here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=5327.0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:46:55 PM by kukubau »