• March 28, 2024, 03:48:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't view live or recorded video  (Read 17038 times)

jus2sho

• Level 1 Member
Can't view live or recorded video
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »

When I access my recorder directly with the recorder's IP, no video or recordings show up.  However, when I use Internet explorer, only live video will show, but still no recordings.  Is this a browser setting that needs to be changed?

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Can't view live or recorded video
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »

Do you have any recordings on the drives?
You could pull the USB out and connect it to the PC and use the HDD viewer to at least see if the recordings are being stored correctly.

Also check the status to make sure the camera(s) show "recording". Try reformatting the drive and let it record for a bit and then try again.

jus2sho

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »

The cameras are definitely recording as you can see in the status below.  However, when I hover over the green camera icons, it only says connecting.  When I go to the Playback tab, I still can't access my recordings.  I've tried using FF and Chrome browsers.  When I use IE, it show me live view, but still can't access my recordings.  I'm currently not at home right now, so I can't verify if HDD Viewer works.  I've reformatted my drive already and uninstalled and reinstalled the recorder.  The issues still remain.  Very annoying!

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »

I see that the URL is 127.0.0.1 so you could be routing through the mydlink portal. Are you local to the NVR (as in is your PC within the same network at home/office)? If so what are the result if you log in locally using it's IP (192.168.xxx.xxx). Also this is silly to ask but you have clicked on the reel icon under playback and tried to select a time and date to playback?

LilBudyWizer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »

When I click on reel icon nothing happens. I can't tell if I can view recorded video because I can't select any recorded to view. There is recorded video on the drive since I pull it and use HDD Viewer I can view it. Also when I reconnected the drive it beeped a long beep and switched to recording on the first drive while not showing the second one as connected. I had to unplug and plug back in the second one to get the device to acknowledge it was connected.

Update: I found a fix. I added it to IE's compatibility list and now I get a pop up window to select recorded video's to view. I wasn't real happy with the idea I was going to need to disconnect the drive to view video so I'm much happier now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:25:01 PM by LilBudyWizer »

PEye2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:03:33 AM »

I have same problem similar to this, I can see the camera settings, the hard drive and it recording, email alerts all work...

Just can not see the live video or recorded video from this menu local or remote.. Any help with this please..

I use chrome and have done all the exspetions in Java I belive unless there is a different link I have to authorize. I try using internet explorer and that is a bigger mess just trying to login locally..

NOTE: I can access recordings and view live cams with my iPad and smart phone app. So it is working..

WHY NOT LOCAL LOGIN OR REMOTE dnr-202L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »

I have same problem similar to this, I can see the camera settings, the hard drive and it recording, email alerts all work...

Just can not see the live video or recorded video from this menu local or remote.. Any help with this please..

I use chrome and have done all the exspetions in Java I belive unless there is a different link I have to authorize. I try using internet explorer and that is a bigger mess just trying to login locally..

NOTE: I can access recordings and view live cams with my iPad and smart phone app. So it is working..

WHY NOT LOCAL LOGIN OR REMOTE dnr-202L
I believe the java exceptions need to be made for the DNR-202L IP address as well as the IPs for each of the cameras.  I think it's a good idea to add exceptions for http:// and https:// versions of the IP addresses.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »

I believe the java exceptions need to be made for the DNR-202L IP address as well as the IPs for each of the cameras.  I think it's a good idea to add exceptions for http:// and https:// versions of the IP addresses.

Correct. The two posts I referenced apply to network cameras, NVRs, and ShareCenter devices.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

Another thing to be sure of:
When you click the "Reel" icon on the Playback page, it will create a pop-up window that allows you to select what video you want to watch.  You might check to make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker running that might interfere with the Playback Selection window.

gmullins26

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

I can't view recordings on HDD. I connected my external HD to my computer and I can't pull up any recordings. Viewing recordings from my DNR202L online is a hassle. Is there something I'm missing, when it comes to finding recordings the DNR recorded to my external HD? I click the reel and there's nothing to choose from, the whole HDD viewer seems very minimal. My recordings were easier when I had everything connected to my computer, I just didn't like it running 24/7.