• March 28, 2024, 03:36:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: When clicking on Folders inside movies I get this error: No Content Available  (Read 7048 times)

BarrMan

• Level 1 Member

Hey,

I've been using d-link for almost a year now and I never had any problems with it. Recently, it started making some problems, for example: when I click on Movies, then on Folders to see my movie's folders I get this error: "No Content Available". and I can't click on all movies either since it throws the same error.

In addition, before I got this annoying error which made the device totally useless, the device started getting really messed up: When I chose Folders inside movies every movie or directory got multiplied by 4. For example: if I had a folder called Movies1 I would see it 4 times.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Does the storage device on your network containing the media files have a static IP address?  From what you're describing, it sounds like the IP address, and the 520 to re-add the files under a different path.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:34:31 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BarrMan

• Level 1 Member

I don't have a static IP address but that didn't prevent me to watch movies before.

What do you mean by re-adding the files under a different path? I've tried adding a movie folder on a different local disc but nothing helped..

Thanks for your reply.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

I was thinking that if you tried adding the movie folder  from different local discs, then the titles in the movie library would be duplicated unless you purged the library.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Another possibility that would cause the file to be unavailable is if the permissions/sharing on the storage device changed and the DSM-520 can no longer access the directory.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Are you running the latest firmware on the DSM-520 and DNS-343? Did this start after adding some movies to the folder?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

BarrMan

• Level 1 Member

Hey,
My DSM version is the latest, my folders are perfectly fine with permissions and I haven't done anything different than usual. I just download movies and watch it on the media lounger.

It sounds like a problem in the device and not my computer or settings.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Hey,
My DSM version is the latest, my folders are perfectly fine with permissions and I haven't done anything different than usual. I just download movies and watch it on the media lounger.

It sounds like a problem in the device and not my computer or settings.

Did you try going back to the factory default settings (including default firmware), installing the latest firmware again, and configuring the device from scratch?  This might seem like overkill, but it will rule out any hardware-related issues.  Additionally, there's a good chance this will fix the problem if it's due to corrupt data or some overlooked configuration issue.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

What firmware is on the DNS-343? Do any of the videos in the folder contain special characters such as &? If so please try changing these characters.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream