• March 28, 2024, 01:38:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Viewing saved recordings from iPhone app  (Read 32320 times)

Ohiogators

• Level 1 Member
Viewing saved recordings from iPhone app
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

In have the 942l and the mydlink Lite app on the iPhone. I have recording set up on the camera capturing in .mp4 format. I can view the camera on the phone fine. I can go the menu and select playback. I see the date of my recordings and the time. Each individual file is listed as you can see.

When I select any of these files, I get a black screen.

Do I need to change the rtsp URL?  Anyone have this working correctly on the iPhone?  If so, can you share your settings please?

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
Re: Viewing saved recordings from iPhone app
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:53:04 AM »

I have the same problem on my ipad. The app worked when the video files were less than 10. I could see the thumbnails and play the mp4 files. Now there are no thumbnails, and the mp4 files cannot be viewed.

The interesting part is that when I access the camera from the web interface, I go to the SD management and view the MP4 files. However, when I use the web interface by logging into the www.mydlink.com, the interface is similar to the mydlink lite, and playback does not work. I am guessing that this is a bug on the app side.

MichaelH1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

I have the same problem.

I just upgraded my DCS-942L firmware to 1.20.  I changed the recording format to mp4, and I can successfully play the recordings from the SD Management function of the web app on my pc.  But when I try to use the new iPhone feature to play the recordings it just says "Loading" forever, and I never get my video.

If anyone has solved this please let us know what you did to get it to work.  This would be a great new feature if it works!

Thanks,

Mike

tnorton59

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »

It appears it is not limited to iPhone. Experiencing the exact same problem on Android phone and Android tablet as ohiogators. I've reset all the mp4 settings, reset the camera, reinstalled firmware 1.20, reformatted SD card and still no luck. This is just plain annoying. Never happened before the latest update.

pmillbank

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »

I have three dcs 942l cameras and have the same problem accessing the playback using the web interface on my pc using internet explorer 10. I have three cameras and strangely the problem exists with two of them but is ok for one of them. Have tried rebooting, changing file format to mp4 as one person recommended and still no joy. Its not the cameras as they work fine. I can access the live feed using the ip address of each and can playback video using the sd management function. Just have problems using the playback on the mydlink website. Would hope someone in the know would actually answer the problems voiced on this forum as it seems to me many posts go unanswered. Have been very disappointed with the forum so far.

peti.cz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

To me it works fine. I also played with different codecs and video lengths and I was able to play everything on my iphone.

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »

I'm on a PC and have an Android tablet and phone.  At first playback worked on all devices (I did have to install a Java update on my PC and some Windows Media Player Firefox plug-in... but once I did that, I was good to go).

Then, after unplugging and repositioning the camera, the playback on my phone and tablet stopped working.  Even old videos that previously worked, no longer played back.  I'd get the following error message: "The current video clip is unable to play."

I tried a number of different recording setting, but nothing seemed to work.  I then reformatted my SD card, and BOOM... playback resumed!  No idea why, but it's working again for me.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm recording with Video Profile 2 and the following settings: MPEG4, 320x240, 10FPS, CBR, 256Kbps, play2.sdp
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router

macsrox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »

I am having the same exact problem as others. I can view it when I type in the IP address in the browser and then go to SD.... but if I go to my Iphone app, the player says loading and displays a black screen.

Another interesting possible bug, when your in the player on your Iphone, and you tilt the Iphone to landscape and then try to go back to portrait is stays on landscape until you go back to the main screen and the screen goes back to portrait.

I wonder if this is all due to a bug. I tried to reformat my SD card and got the same issue. I will try again to Reformat the SD Card. The SD Card reformat process is soooo slow. I almost wonder if the problem with the black screen is the slow rate of the SD card. 

macsrox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »

So I just tried to reformat the SD card once again. The format process took less than 30 seconds which was rather odd because the first format took over an hour.  This time i went into the Video and Audio portion and chose the same format for Profile 2 that was on Profile 4. I believe I only changed two items. One was the frame rate which was lowered to 5 fps and the bps was changed to 384. I left the RTSP URL the same as it was originally. I then let it record onto the SD card and now it plays on my Iphone instead of it being a black image. So for me, its fixed.

MichaelH1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »

Hi all -

I finally stumbled into solving this issue.

I changed the HTTPS Setup to "Both HTTP and HTTPS", not HTTPS only, and now it works.

Hope this helps some of you.  It's not very obvious.

Gieu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »

firmware 1.22, android, pc.

In playback I get "Thr current video clip cannot be played".

I formated many times, tried many different video setting with mp4 and nothing work. My htpps setting was already at both.

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »

I changed the HTTPS Setup to "Both HTTP and HTTPS", not HTTPS only, and now it works.

yup, mine was working fine when it was set to "Both HTTP and HTTPS".  i changed my setting to "HTTPS only", and i started getting the playback error messages.  switched it back to "Both HTTP and HTTPS", and playback resumed.
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router

Mjnini

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 01:07:22 AM »

Where can you make changes to HTTPS settings?

Math

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 03:45:07 AM »

Bump, same question here, where to change http to https?

Same playback issue with iphone / ipad, tried reformatting sd card wo luck.  Sd content can be accessed and played from pc, but not from apple devices.  Everything else works between the mydlink lite app and the 5030l camera.

Thanks for the help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »

In the UI go to SETUP and on the left should be an option HTTPS SETUP.

Let us know if this helps...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:59:47 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.