• March 29, 2024, 07:43:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L / DCS-930 Again?  (Read 3212 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Would You Purchase the DCS-932L / DCS-930 Again?
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »

We all know hindsight is 20/20, but if you had the option to roll back the clock, would you purchase the DCS-93XL again?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:03:29 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Martijn

• Level 1 Member
Re: Would You Purchase the DCS-932L / DCS-930 Again?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:49:20 AM »

No, but that's not because of the cam. My provider (KPN the Netherlands) uses a great router (Thomson TG789vn) with the crappiest custom firmware EVER which prevents me to use the cam properly. I had to use a second router to set it up.

[FYI: the firmware does not allow for disabling of DHCP, the use of WPS, ip address blocking, MAC filtering, firewall disabling, advanced port forwarding, etc. Great for the average user who will only mess things up, but a disaster for the advanced user. I can't install a different router because it also controls my TV and telephone signal. Bloody muppets....... >:(]
DCS-932K -> wireless connected to DIR-601 -> ethernet connected to Thomson TG789vn (custom KPN firmware)