• April 27, 2024, 10:50:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't seem to get Access controls working  (Read 2362 times)

steveo

• Level 1 Member
Can't seem to get Access controls working
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »

Hardware Version: A1
Firmware: 1.04 (had no luck with 1.02 either)
Region: USA
Factory Reset Performed: No
Problem:
I have configured in tools\schedules a rule that takes place every day from 9:30 p.m. till 10:00 a.m.
I then went to Advanced\Access control and configured a rule to block my sons electronic devices (specified by their MAC addresses) from talking to the internet and told it to use the schedule rule I created.  
I then rebooted the router.  Unfortunately the Access control does not appear to be working as the electronic devices I established access controls for are still able to access the internet during the times I told the router they shouldn't.  Has anyone had any success in implementing access controls on this router?  Did I miss a step?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:01:24 AM by steveo »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can't seem to get Access controls working
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »

Router and Wired Configurations
    Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router.
    • Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual or under Setup/PARENTAL CONTROL/Set to>None: Static IP or Obtain Automatically From ISP.
    • Enable Use Unicasting (compatibility for some ISP DHCP Servers) under Setup/Internet/Manual.
    • Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking. Link>Finding Faster DNS Addresses using Name Bench
    • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
    • Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
    • Set current Time Zone, Date and Time. Use an NTP Server feature. Tools/Time.

I recommend that when you do FW updates, please follow this:
     FW Update Process

This ensures FW is updated correctly and I recommend setting up from scratch after the last Factory Reset.

To set up scheduling:
    1. Reserve device IP addresses ON the router under Setup/Networking.
    2. Set up a schedule under Tools/Schedule on the routers web page. Customize your dates and times here.
    3. Use Access Control under Advanced to apply the customized schedule to a policy and to the PC(s) desired to be controlled. 
    Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.