• April 25, 2024, 04:58:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Digital Living Network and router.  (Read 4899 times)

techcoin

• Level 1 Member
Digital Living Network and router.
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »

What router made dlink will work with Digital Living Network Alliance.

http://www.dlna.org/retail/home

Al_Baby

• Level 1 Member
Re: Digital Living Network and router.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »

My Dir 855 works well now that I've upgraded my firmware.

It connects to wirelessly to both both the Xbox 360 and ps3's in the house. All 3 can connect to and stream video from the my NAS. Via the PS3 I can also play any video on my TV from the PC.

I store most of my video files on a NAS box. The trick is to get the right NAS. I have a QNAP TS209. It works great and does not miss a beat (a part from a hard disk crash - now not  a problem that I have mirrored by NAS).

If you are on windows 7 make sure you turn on Media Streaming in the the media player. 

You can also buy TV's and Amps that are DLNA enabled these days.

Alex.

KingTakky

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »

Hi Alex,

Seems to me you have some experience on DLNA and hooking your NAS to a TV directly. I'm looking to buy a new TV which comes with a built-in DLNA network adapter. Having no room to spare for a PS3 or XBox, I hope to be able to stream content (movies, music, pics) directly from my NAS to my TV.

Just like you, I own a DIR855 router and a DNS323 NAS.

Would you foresee problems with this setup??

Cheers,
Leon

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »

Every router works with DLNA. The router is not a part of the DLNA scheme to work...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

tombert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »

I'am currently playing with my new Sony Bravia and DLNA ... if you have lots of time then go for it - but be reminded that not all DLNA servers are working with all DLNA clients.

Look here: http://www.rbgrn.net/content/21-how-to-choose-dlna-media-server-windows-mac-os-x-or-linux
from this huge list only a couple work for me ... and not all on linux.

Just for info: Samsung claims to support most video formats ... but you have to take care! If a TV claims to support a video format via media player (e.g. USB) that does not mean it plays it via DLNA stream - you have to go trough the manual by yourself.