• April 28, 2024, 07:27:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 750 fails to reconnect to Media Center after Power Off  (Read 4736 times)

sbillard

• Level 1 Member
750 fails to reconnect to Media Center after Power Off
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »

If I power off my 750 then power it back on again it will not connect to Vista Media Center. I have to go through the new attachment method again which is quite a pain in the **** since Media Center must first be purged of its knowledge of the 750. It is behaving as if it is not remembering the handshake code when powered off.

No problems if I disconnect from media center and come back. This happens only if I power the device off.

fly

• Level 2 Member
  • I am getting rid of 2 DSM-750's. Firmware upgrade?
Re: 750 fails to reconnect to Media Center after Power Off
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:19:50 AM »

I have had this problem on both of my 750's also. I wish I could help but I just go through the same method also to fix it. We need an update to the 750 to fix a lot of problems, basic things the 520 could do out of the box, etc.......

Emman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »

Guy's....I have the same problem now with DSM 750 and my Windows 7 Pro using media centre. Evrytime I power off either the extender or the windows 7 or both, the connection setup looses. I need to re-setup again the connection. This is sooooooooo annoying.

To the moderator....Is there a fix  for this?

mrbillm

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »

I also have this problem. I will put in my security code for the network, but every time I turn the DSM-750 back on I have to select the network and put in the security code again. My phone will even keep the settings, but not the DSM-750.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bowler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:35:21 AM »

I had the same problem.  I ended up accidentally fixing the problem when I got help on setting up the network/media player on my xbox 360.  My response from another thread is as follows:

What I ended up doing was opening all of the TCP and UDP ports (did it for the xbox 360 and it made the difference for this as well) and now it has worked great ever since.

My response from my last thread was:

I had a Xbox 360 before and had nothing but problems so returned it to try the DSM-750 instead.  In trying to set up the Xbox 360 they had me do the below and it didn't work, but it was already set when I re-installed the DSM-750.

In case it helps anyone else, I wanted to post what I did.  For Xbox 360 they had me open ports in Norton 360 (done by creating new rules with the specific ports) as well as opening ports on the DIR-655 in the virtual server.

For the DSM-750, in the FAQ there is a question that states: "How do I configure non-Microsoft Firewalls?" - in the answer a bunch of specific UDP and TCP ports are listed.  I went through the virtual server for DIR-655 and opened each of those and in Norton 360 I created new traffic rules to allow each of those specific ports (you can use spaces between port numbers to have more then one port per rule).

For anyone who is not sure how to open ports.  When I was dealing with the xbox 360, I just searched it for Norton 360 and found the answer online, and the d-link support people were helpful for the wireless router once I had the necessary port numbers in front of me.

I don't know that one or the other would have been sufficient, as I did both at the same time, and now that it is working, I don't want to mess with it.

Anyway, the end result is everything appears to be working for now.

My 750 now works perfectly.  Turning on or off the 750 or the computer no longer loses the connection.