• April 27, 2024, 06:37:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sticky for ideas that wont be added in future firmware updates.....  (Read 35059 times)

fly

• Level 2 Member
  • I am getting rid of 2 DSM-750's. Firmware upgrade?
Re: Sticky for ideas to add in future firmware updates.....
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:51 AM »

This thread has over 4600 views. It was started after the last update, which was on 1/20/2009. There are some updates that we would like to see implemented. Is there a software developer that can talk to us about an update? Is there a new product that they are working on (could that be why we haven't seen an update?)? This is the most popular thread on this forum. We would love to see where the future of this device is going! I have spent around $1500 supporting the 750 and 520, not to mention the DIR-655 router. I would like to feel good about my investment in this company and its products. Please ask a product developer to respond.  ???

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Sticky for ideas to add in future firmware updates.....
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

Unfortunately the product manager or product designer does not moderate this forum however I can forward these feature requests to the product manager for review to be implemented if approved.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

loved320

• Level 1 Member
Re: Sticky for ideas that wont be added in future firmware updates.....
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »

with DSM-750 dlink has disappointed me so badly (with their lack of support, lack of upgrade and no response to customers' request), I am done with dlink. All the routes, switches, NAS and this clunker that I have are the last things that I bought from dlink. Used to be a good company, but I see it lagging behind even netgear and linksys (cisco) in consumer space and bad customer service and support doesn't really help.

ballen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »

Add support for Boxee.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »

Add support for Boxee.

http://www.dlink.com/boxeebox
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

divesheik

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »

Well, I have been a loyal D-Link user and am thinking about upgrading my DSM-520s to DSM-750s. However, it does appear the D-Link seems to have abandoned any level of decent support for these units. The DSM-750 hasn't seen a firmware upgrade in over a year, the the DSM-520 is even longer. I guess the concept of improving the hardware and fixing known issues for their customer base is not important. That is unfortunate. This means I will have to find a new brand of hardware to change to.

Good luck to everyone who continues to use DLink products. I for one am done.

fly

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »

Are we seriously not going to see a firmware update for this?

What do you look for when considering supporting a product?

Forums where people tell what kind of problems they are having, and all the workarounds that don't work?

Sorry folks I have taken the time to start this "Sticky" and with hopes that someone on the "dev" team would reply to this and seriously listen to us.

The consumers that have spent a lot of money on this and many other D-Link products.

This is not aimed at you ECF. You have done the best you can with what D-Link has given you.

megamawax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »

I know Dlink wants us to buy their Boxeebox, but I see no reason to support a company that doesn't support its own products.  There are plenty of other devices on the market that do what Dlink's products do, so I might as well purchase products that are going to increase in functionality through firmware updates.  If Dlink's won't do that, someone else's will.

fly

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 05:27:08 AM »

Forget D-Link. This product is abandon-ware.

Try this. It does everything the 750 does and more. Hell, its a computer. Got it hooked up to my projector through HDMI. Works great!

http://www.frys.com/product/6276060?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Pages: 1 2 [3]