• April 27, 2024, 08:28:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Playing DVD Images on DSM-750  (Read 3276 times)

MikeM2005

• Level 1 Member
Playing DVD Images on DSM-750
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:44:01 PM »

Just got my hands on a DSM-750 and all connected up to my Windows 7 PC.  So far, so good.  Configured some downloaded .avi's in the "videos" section, all is well.  Next, I ripped some of my DVDs to the PC, where they play fine, and then the trouble begins.

Tried using My Movies 3, works well  with the PC, but the DSM-750 (although it can see them) throws an error.

Tried converting to Mkv format with makemkv, no luck

Tried converting to DVR-MS, also no luck

The DSM-750 keeps saying there are no files, but they are there.  It just doesnt seem to recognize them.

Is there something else on the PC that needs to be installed?  The only Media Player currently installed on the PC is Windows Media Player ...

What am I missing?  

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Playing DVD Images on DSM-750
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »

The windows media player does not support MKV which is why they probably weren't seen. I believe that is the case with DVR-ms as well when using the media sharing feature however it will play DVR-ms back on the PC.

I would recommend installing the divx MKV codec pack and using the DSM-750 extender function and this will allow you to stream MKV files.

Here is a link to the codec to install on the PC. http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/codec-pack
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream