• April 28, 2024, 11:41:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Netflix on media extender  (Read 4636 times)

irok760

• Level 2 Member
Netflix on media extender
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »

I have the netflix working on my Windows Media Center pc but the option does not show up on the media extender.  Is there a way to get the netflix plugin on the extender?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Netflix on media extender
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »

None that I know of. Unfortunately Microsoft does not support this feature on the extender function.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

LenC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »

For netflix on my DSM-750 I use playon software http://www.playon.tv/index.php. There are a couple of addons to MS Media Extender that let you run playon under Media Extender. vmcPlayit is free and tubcore cost a wee bit. Check them out.

irok760

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »

Thanks for the info.  But I returned my DSM-750 because it is not ready for primetime.  It looses its configurations with the MC upstairs and Dlink could not tell me how to fix this.  I like the product but it is very inconsitant with picture quality and I just could not deal with its constant lossing its config.  Will wait another year or so when more mature products are out there.  With the newer TV's coming out with ethernet connections this will eliminate my need for a media extender.