• April 19, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Purchased DIR655 Router.....ver A3......  (Read 4145 times)

Chicoman67

• Level 1 Member
Purchased DIR655 Router.....ver A3......
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:03:32 PM »

Hi everyone! Looking for some help here. I recently purchased the D-link DIR 655 Router and I have 3 PC's in the home one with a DWA 160 USB & a desktop with a DWA 552 and a HP Laptop. I connect at 300 MBPS......love the speed. However every so often the router seems to bog down and the speed plumets to 1 MBPS and I have tried updating the firmware to the everything even the newest 1.33 beta and I am still experiencing the bottleneck and the speed slowdown. It makes online gaming frustrating at times as I seem to lag out. It's not the network card because it also does the same thing if I connect the DWA 160 via USB.

I'm hoping some kind people on these forums can clue me in. I've tried disabling the DNS relay that has been posted on other forums and nothing. I've tried different channels and it's set at 40mhz speed and still the speed drops at various times. I paid good money for this router but it seems like the hardware itself is having some kind of issue. I already returned the D-link once thinking it was the router but apparently it's something to do with the settings. Looking forward to seeing some suggestions to resolve this issue.

Cheers
Chicoman