• April 16, 2024, 03:24:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link DCS-5300G with Installation Wizard program only?  (Read 7291 times)

andrew

• Level 1 Member
D-Link DCS-5300G with Installation Wizard program only?
« on: August 24, 2009, 10:55:31 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I have a D-Link DCS-5300G surveillance camera.  Can I setup the camera to record when motion is detected, but the IP Surveillance program is NOT running on any computer?  If so, the only way I can store the recorded footage is on a free FTP server by configuring in the Installation Wizard program, right?  Thank you for any advices

Andrew

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: D-Link DCS-5300G with Installation Wizard program only?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »

To record video you must install D-ViewCam to a PC. However you can upload snapshots via FTP using just the camera in the application area of the web based utility of the DCS-5300 under Tools< Application.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

andrew

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »

Thank you ECF for your response.  I have tried a few time with D-View program, but it can't work with my camera.  However, I tried other program such as Blue Iris 2, which is a very good program for the task.  So there is no way to record the motion footage and store on the external hard drive that attached to the router?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »

Not without running software on your PC.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream