• April 19, 2024, 09:04:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Drop-out every 20 mins  (Read 4037 times)

laidbackguyhk

• Level 1 Member
Drop-out every 20 mins
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:53 PM »

Hi all.
I hope you can help.
I have just changed from a Linksys to the DIR-655.
The router will drop my internet connection every 20 Min's or so.
I contacted my local Agent, Tech support here in Hong Kong, and they gave me the latest Firmware for my region (Asia), Still version 1.02 but dated 19th March 2007.
I installed it last night but the router still keeps dropping both my desktop, wired and a laptop, wireless.

I also found that my hardware is Version 02, but the web software says Version 01.

Can anyone suggest what I can try next?
Thanks
Tim

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: Drop-out every 20 mins
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »

Do you own an US unit or did you buy it over seas?

laidbackguyhk

• Level 1 Member
Re: Drop-out every 20 mins
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:54:40 AM »

Hi Lycan.
I live in Hong Kong and bought the unit from an Authorised reseller here in Hong Kong.

In fact I am sure there is a problem with it as not only does it keep dropping my connection, the wireless range is very low, even compared to my linsys router. I can go to another room and pick up stronger signals from my neighbors routers, sometimes picking up as many as eight units, with my 655 being in the middle of the signal range, which I'm sure shouldn't be the case as it's marketed as a very powerful wireless tramsmitter.

I will take it back to the Dirstributor here in Hong Kong tomorrow and see if they can look at it or possible give me another one.

Tim