• March 28, 2024, 07:50:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446562 times)

PKM17

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2013, 11:58:56 PM »

My items for the wish list

1. On power up the camera should return to the home position (if there is one) rather than the default position
2. Need to be able to set light sensitive as on the DSC-2332L, so that the camera is not constantly switch from day to night visibility, in low lighting situations.

indothai

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2013, 07:35:55 AM »

For "Camera Name", option to use underscore character.
DCS-930L three units
DCS-932L
DCS-5222L
DCS-5020L
DNS-323 (v1.09) [replaced with DS1512+]
DNS-320 (v2.00) [in storage]

chrsanch

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »

Hello Dlink,
When I purchased DCS 5222L yesterday, I thought that there's an built-in speakers into the camera itself. This is according to the manual and the specs. I was disappointed to when the I called the support and told me there's none. With this, I'm planning to buy a mini speakers so I'll just attached it to the camera. I'll be using this as a baby monitor and I need the speakers so that I could talk to my wife while she's taking care of the baby and I'm away.

However, when I added the DCS5222L on my dlink lite app on my iphone, I noticed that there's no option to "speak" so that I can be heard from the camera. I called dlink support again, and they confirmed this as well. The "speak/talk" feature works OK when using the browser but not using the iphone app. Can you please give me a workaround for this? Can you please include this feature in the firmware or in the apps itself?
I'm currently monitoring my baby and my wife from my workplace and accessing the live feed from my browser in the office is not possible because it's blocked, so I'm only using my iphone.

I'm planning to exchange this with DCS-2132L, can you please let me know if this camera supports the "speak/talk" feature from the mydlink lite apps from iphone?

Thanks,

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2013, 04:42:02 AM »

iOS and Android apps should work with push notifications in addition to emails.

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »

BETTER QUALITY SNAPSHOTS PLEASE

SEE THREAD:  http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53664.0

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:10 AM »

It would be nice to be able to choose a font size for the OSD label. Its so small, in most clups or screenshots you can barely read the date time....

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:31 AM »

My items for the wish list

1. On power up the camera should return to the home position (if there is one) rather than the default position
2. Need to be able to set light sensitive as on the DSC-2332L, so that the camera is not constantly switch from day to night visibility, in low lighting situations.

These items are already on the wishlist.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2013, 04:47:18 AM »

For "Camera Name", option to use underscore character.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:56 AM »

Hello Dlink,
When I purchased DCS 5222L yesterday, I thought that there's an built-in speakers into the camera itself. This is according to the manual and the specs. I was disappointed to when the I called the support and told me there's none. With this, I'm planning to buy a mini speakers so I'll just attached it to the camera. I'll be using this as a baby monitor and I need the speakers so that I could talk to my wife while she's taking care of the baby and I'm away.

However, when I added the DCS5222L on my dlink lite app on my iphone, I noticed that there's no option to "speak" so that I can be heard from the camera. I called dlink support again, and they confirmed this as well. The "speak/talk" feature works OK when using the browser but not using the iphone app. Can you please give me a workaround for this? Can you please include this feature in the firmware or in the apps itself?
I'm currently monitoring my baby and my wife from my workplace and accessing the live feed from my browser in the office is not possible because it's blocked, so I'm only using my iphone.

I'm planning to exchange this with DCS-2132L, can you please let me know if this camera supports the "speak/talk" feature from the mydlink lite apps from iphone?

Thanks,

This is a deficiency of the mobile app, not the DCS-5222L firmware.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2013, 04:49:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • General - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Improve Linux browser support
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB
  • Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

indothai

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 05:36:06 AM »

General - Schedule Privacy Mode.
DCS-930L three units
DCS-932L
DCS-5222L
DCS-5020L
DNS-323 (v1.09) [replaced with DS1512+]
DNS-320 (v2.00) [in storage]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »

General - Schedule Privacy Mode.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2013, 05:40:56 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • General - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Improve Linux browser support
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Schedule privacy mode
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB
  • Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

dlnkuser09

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2013, 06:45:56 AM »

Some of the items in the wishlist were requested since 2012. May we know when the next update will be released? ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:38 AM »

Some of the items in the wishlist were requested since 2012. May we know when the next update will be released? ???

This post is a wishlist of user suggestions presented to D-Link and does not necessarily reflect the actual changes additions to future firmware. I can assure you that D-Link does review the firmware wishlists for this and other D-Link products on this forum and has periodically implemented suggestions.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15