• March 28, 2024, 09:06:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L Setup doesnt Find Camera  (Read 18090 times)

loaf1912

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L Setup doesnt Find Camera
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

Can anyone offer some advice on getting my camera setup. I have followed the setup wizard for the camera but it never detects the camera. I have tried both wired and wireless but still it never finds it. I know the camera is working as my router is giving it an address and i cant login to it through a broswer. so its not a network fault, it has to be something odd with the software but without following the wizard i cant setup remote access to it.

I have tried firmware upgrade (1.06) and factory resets still the wizard never finds anything.

Help!!!

Cheers

D.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L Setup doesnt Find Camera
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:25:11 PM »

If you uploaded to the latest firmware (v1.06), then you'll also need to update to a new version of the Wizard software rather than using the Wizard software that came with your camera.

Visit http;//mydlink.com/support, select "DCS-932L" and download the "Wizard" software (link should be on the left side).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

loaf1912

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

Hi Java, I tried that im running the new software from the site, still nothing is detected.

cheers

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »

what happens if you enter the camera IP address in a web browser of a PC on the same LAN as the camera? Particularly a Windows PC using IE or Firefox?

loaf1912

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »

i can see it, login and configure as required, i just cant do the wizard to set it up for remote access
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:04:37 PM by loaf1912 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »

. . .I have followed the setup wizard for the camera but it never detects the camera. I have tried both wired and wireless but still it never finds it. I know the camera is working as my router is giving it an address and i cant login to it through a broswer. so its not a network fault, it has to be something odd with the software but without following the wizard i cant setup remote access to it.

Just because you can access the DCS-932L from within your LAN does not necessarily mean there is not a network issue. What make/model router do you have? Do you have UPnP enabled for your router? Does the DCS-932L use a static IP address? Is the DCS-932L IP address reserved through the router? Also, make sure the camera is wired do your network when using the Wizard software.

loaf1912

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 06:41:56 AM »

Hi Java, not what the router has to do with this part of the setup as surely the software is scanning my local network to find the camera not the way out to the internet, and the fact that i can ping, login to the web ui of the camera shows that the camera is available on the network? or is the software looking for a certain port on the camera to be opena dn responding?

To Answer your question i have a huawei hg533 router, i dont have upnp enable i happy to manually set these up given the security problems upnp seems to be having these days (although my router upnp is not affected by them). I have tried both static and dhcp assigned addresses and both wired and wireless every combination fails to showup in the setup software.

cheers

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:00:09 AM »

Have you had a chance to try enabling UPnP?

loaf1912

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

Sorry for the Delay java,

yes i have tried and just tried it again now to see if time changed anything, still nothing is detected by the software.

carlohui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »

I'm having the same problem.  I tried using the CD that came with the camera.  No go.  Then, I downloaded the latest version of the wizard software from dlink.com, and upgraded the camera to the latest firmware version 1.06.  Still no go.  Please help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 04:48:35 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  I tried using the CD that came with the camera.  No go.  Then, I downloaded the latest version of the wizard software from dlink.com, and upgraded the camera to the latest firmware version 1.06.  Still no go.  Please help.

For starters, is it possible the following scenario applies to you:  mydlink.com - Rules for Device Association with Regional mydlink.com Accounts

carlohui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »

I purchased the camera in the US, and I'm installing it in the US.

I think what would be ideal is if I could sign up for a mydlink account without having to go through the wizard.  Is this possible?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »

I purchased the camera in the US, and I'm installing it in the US.

I think what would be ideal is if I could sign up for a mydlink account without having to go through the wizard.  Is this possible?

Unfortunately, no.  At present, all Cloud cameras have a dependency on the Wizard application.

huntbab

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »

Try turning off your firewall.  I did this and was able to find wired or wireless.