• April 26, 2024, 04:10:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ps3  (Read 16503 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: ps3
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »

Check the firewall settings. See if they do anything for game play. I'm using EndPoint Independent of both TCP and UDP and have been working well. Yes you will probably see some blocking from various IP addresses from the WAN side and that means the router is doing it's job.

Posting your logs on here is kewl. Others and I as well have done the same. You could edit your log file before you posted if you feel the need to.

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

So last night I tried playing MW2 with dynamic fragmentation on and off, it is hard to test this with any sort of conclusive results but I found that my connection might have been better with dynamic fragmentation OFF. I'm not sure how to test this besides playing games and seeing if the lag improves or doesnt.

I dont trust the PS3 network test, even a Sony Technician told me its pretty innaccurate and correct me if I'm wrong but testing on speedtest.net through the sony browser wouldnt be accurate either.

anyways, its worth a try if you're still tweaking your settings.
Dlink DGL-4500 f/w 1.22 vs. PS3 = headache

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »

You can just enable it, reset router then go to speedtest.com via your computer browser and see what you get but it will be hard for you to even tell since your bandwidth is never stable it is always changing at times you can get a 20 download speed & at other times you can get lower or higher. Currently I have mines enable  and it is working just right.
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

Trikein

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »

Oh sorry, don't visit this forum too much anymore.

In a nut shell, ICMP are not important and not causing your lag. Think of them like the clicks the dolphins give out when they use echo location. Its just for testing purposes, their not used to transmit data in anyway. Also, they have a low priority, which means networks don't always respond to them as fast as packets used for streaming video say. This gives a higher latency then actually obtained and...well..

Let me read your actual problem and post before I go on a rant about something irrelevant.

Trikein

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »

I went through and read the thread real quick, be sure to check the questions at the end, here are my comments:

>>I run the PS3 Network test and I get 2-3 Mbps download and maybe 1Mbps upload. This isnt even close to the 20-25 I should be getting.<<

PSN Speedtest thing is BS. Even Sony admits it. Unless you get a error message when it runs, ignore it.

>>But there is a hack going around that lets you downgrade firmware I can't get into details with that sine that is against Policy. But yet again Google is your best friend. Have a great day.<<

I doabt its the firmware. The majority of actual pro's and con's of different firmware are slight. Most are imagined or assumed based on a lack of actual testing.

>>I took the PS3 out of the DMZ and im not getting blocked outgoing ICMP anymore but I am getting alot of blocked incoming TCP and UDP from various IPs to my WAN IP<<

Most likly those blocked packets are just worms and different servers randomling pinging you. Do they seem to happen at one time? Do you see them being block being directed towards the PC? Also, if it happens when your trying to play a game, its probably a issue with your port fowarding.  If your comfortable, PM me your logs.

>>If I remember Adv DNS is not an option for earlier versions of FW.<<

Advanced DNS is just configuring the DNS of the router to direct to OpenDNS use a static DNS of 204.194.232.200 and 204.194.234.200. OpenDNS is not a magic bullet though. If your ISP has crappy DNS servers, it can help. Also, it can help with security, since it blacklists a bunch of bad sites/IP. D-link bought OpenDNS a year or two ago, and their actually hosting many ISP's DNS redirect search engines...but I digress..For more info: https://store.opendns.com/get/basic

>>next I am going to try Dynamic fragmentation on and off.<<

Keep dynamic fragmentation off. Only turn that on if your Upload cap is below...500Kbps.

Questions:

1. Does your PC have issues when your PS3 is online? Slow internet?
2. What is your actual symtom? All games? At all times?
3. Is there ever a time where it works really well?

philwoz98

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »

Here is a link to the downgrade to firmware 1.15

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=10894.0

Trikein

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »

How did this work out?
Pages: 1 2 [3]