• April 26, 2024, 06:16:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ps3  (Read 16504 times)

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
Re: ps3
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »

Please notice that if you put your playstation 3 in DMZ and you set up gamefuel it will not work. Since your playstation 3 is in DMZ that means it is outside the routers settings so if you followed my thread and set up all those settings and still had your PS3 in DMZ those settings did take affect. Do you have any instant messaging software were we can chat? if so I use aim maybe you got that add me if you do i am chriz704
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:54:31 AM by LookIntoMyEyees »
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »

Ok, I will try taking the PS3 out of the DMZ tonight.

I can get AIM I think. I mostly use Skype though.

I will add you this evening. I live in mountain stardard timezone.

Thanks for the help.
Dlink DGL-4500 f/w 1.22 vs. PS3 = headache

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »

I can also assist you via Team Viewer. Since you did not take your ps3 unit out of DMZ the game fuel settings did not apply to it. The whole point of DMZ is to take out a device from router settings. It’s Weird that it did not fix your ps3 issues. I guess furry nutz is taking a break :) (my mentor)  The moment I posted this message was at 3:23 Pm I converted the time zone to MST and that means its 12:23 Pm over there so I am 3 hours ahead of you. So I guess I will see you later cya till then.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:27:31 PM by LookIntoMyEyees »
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »

I think being in the DMZ might be the problem, it seems like gamefuel is the issue because it seems like I only experience bad lag in game when my roommates are browsing and watching videos online. So if I can get gamefuel to work and have my PS3 connection remain stronger while my roommates are online then It should be all good. I might also look into limiting my roommates bandwidth or whatever the correct terminology is, so I can hog it all. lol

I will download team viewer tonight and we can give that a go.

I would really like to get this connection problem fixed before I throw my PS3 remote through my TV screen, I cant stand playing Battlefield and not being able to hit ANYONE and I'm not one to rage quit so I just swear alot threaten to throw my controller haha.

What are ICMP packets and why is the router blocking them? It says they are going from my PS3 to the primary DNS.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:26:28 PM by RedGamerTag »

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »

I think being in the DMZ might be the problem, it seems like gamefuel is the issue because it seems like I only experience bad lag in game when my roommates are browsing and watching videos online. So if I can get gamefuel to work and have my PS3 connection remain stronger while my roommates are online then It should be all good. I might also look into limiting my roommates bandwidth or whatever the correct terminology is, so I can hog it all. lol

I will download team viewer tonight and we can give that a go.

I would really like to get this connection problem fixed before I throw my PS3 remote through my TV screen, I cant stand playing Battlefield and not being able to hit ANYONE and I'm not one to rage quit so I just swear alot threaten to throw my controller haha.

What are ICMP packets and why is the router blocking them? It says they are going from my PS3 to the primary DNS.

Those ICMP packets might be the issue of the lag you are getting. I might be able to resolve that for you. I can't tell you what they are since I am not very familiar with logs since I disable all my logs. For more information on what are ICMP you will need to get in touch with my MENTOR furrtnutz :  lol hope he reads this :) He might know but also there is a chance he may not know. Once you set game fuel properly you won't need to limit your roommates because game fuel would do that automatically for you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:01:36 PM by LookIntoMyEyees »

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »

ICMP = Internet Control Message Protocol

I tried to read up on them but I don't fully understand the process and what exactly they are or do, hopefully someone on here can explain what they are and verify whether or not they could be causing my lag if they are being blocked. I will paste the exact log message I am getting later tonight.

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »

Alright. I see you did some research.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »

I found another thread on here with someone who may have found the solution although with my lack of networking knowledge I'm still not sure how they did it or how their solution can be applied to my problem on the PS3

Hopefully Trikein replies to these messages, or maybe FurryNutz.

In an effort to help others who come across this thread. here is the other thread which may or may not be a possible solution to the ICMP packet blockage problem.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=11926.0
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:32:50 PM by RedGamerTag »

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »

when I type in "ipconfig/all" into my command prompt I get a primary and secondary DNS number. BOTH of which auto fill into my routers information.

I'm going to try:
-pulling my PS3 out of DMZ
-disable DNS relay
-reset the router and do not choose advanced DNS during setup

I'll post my successes and failures.

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »

Great I will be here to assist you.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »

I took the PS3 out of the DMZ and im not getting blocked outgoing ICMP anymore but I am getting alot of blocked incoming TCP and UDP from various IPs to my WAN IP

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »

I am also getting a lot of blocked TCP And UDP. I would guess it is normal though. I have notice that my A2 unit firmware 1.15 runs hot/warm.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:47:14 PM by LookIntoMyEyees »

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 11:36:56 PM »

Hey guys let me tell you something about this router!
"Did you ever want to make friends in a foreign lands? Buy this router and you'll spend some magic time with Dlink techies! based on who knows where". LOL this made my day i was reading reviews on Neweggs omg I  was dieing!! just though I should share with you guys. "Lonely, lots of free time, this router is made for you." I know i know i got off topic but lets have a laugh?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 07:18:25 AM »

What FW version are you on. If you go into Basic/Internet/Manual you should see Advance DNS service option if you are on a later FW version. If I remember Adv DNS is not an option for earlier versions of FW.

Also what happens if you disable or enable DNS relay?

Also, review the gamefuel sticky and try adding the Primary and 2ndary DNS addresses into the same section for Dynamic IP (DHCP) Internet Connection Type and Firewall settings.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:20:10 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RedGamerTag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »

I am on FW 1.22 and my DNS numbers were automatically populated on the router Basic/Manual Configuration. H

ere is what I found last night.

I made the mistake of putting my PS3 in DMZ, so thanks to LookIntoMyEyees for pointing that out. Taking the PS3 out of DMZ helped alot but there were still a few hiccups. After taking the PS3 out of the DMZ I dont get the blocked outgoing ICMP packets, but I do notice my router blocking ALOT of TCP packets from various IPs to my WAN IP during online gameplay. which may or may not be normal?

So I turned off Advanced DNS service (Basic/Internet/Manual)
and then turned off DNS relay - I have to test this a bit more but my connection has improved since doing these three things.

next I am going to try Dynamic fragmentation on and off.

One question, I've been tempted to copy/paste my log file but what kind of harm could the wrong person do with the information in my log file? Is it safe to post this information?
Pages: 1 [2] 3