• March 18, 2024, 10:24:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help! With my DIR-615  (Read 5884 times)

daniel3131

• Level 1 Member
Help! With my DIR-615
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:16:30 AM »

Today my dlink didn't work! I tryed to connect to it via wireless and wire. Nothing helped so i resetted it. And now i am trying to install it. Everything works but the router wont get any internet connection from the ADSL. Everything works but the globe turns orange. I dont know why and i cant connect to 192.168.0.1. Please help me! I really need this to work! :-\

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: Help! With my DIR-615
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »

Test the lan side first by disconnecting your dsl modem
reset the router again for good measure
connect an ethernet cable between your PC network card and the lan side of the router
wait a bit and it should get an IP address from the router
open a web browser and point to the IP of the router (192.168.0.1), see if you can log in.
If you cannot get to this point there is a configuration problem (PC, router) or hardware problem.
If you can log in then go to the status screens at note the WAN side information.
From here you are now troubleshooting the WAN side but this all depends on how your ISP
has you configured. You could have a static IP, could be dynamic, you might have a basic modem
where the router uses PPPoE to force a connection, or you might have an advanced modem with
built in routing and dhcp. IF you are not sure then your ISP will have this info.
However the most common connection is dynamic, which the 615 defaults to when you reset it.
Then its just a matter of connection your modem to the wan (internet) port using an ethernet cable,
waiting a bit then checking the status again to see if the IP, MASK, gateway, etc are populated.

daniel3131

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:08:52 AM »

I get the 192.168.0.1 ip adress but i cant connect to it.It says it's not a valid address.Sorry i am swedish maby my english isn't so good anyways. But how can you be so sure it's a hardware failure? The router worked until i was going to play AOE3 (Age of empires 3)with hamachi.

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

when you say you cannot connect to it do you mean by a web browser, http://192.168.0.1  ?
can you ping 192.168.0.1 ?

if you know how to telnet try: telnet 192.168.0.1 80
if it works you will just have a blank screen, type "get" and press enter and see
if the default html is printed.