• April 16, 2024, 01:52:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.14 downgrade 1.13  (Read 5061 times)

PAFL

• Level 2 Member
Firmware 1.14 downgrade 1.13
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:16 AM »

I got a notification of a new Firmware.  When I installed it downgraded me from 1.14 to 1.13.  Anyone have any idea why the downgraded from 1.14 to  1.13.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Firmware 1.14 downgrade 1.13
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »

I don't see any info on the main web site. You might phone in and ask...Maybe there was a bug.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

talonpete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:44:37 AM »

I got the same notification when accessing two of my DSP-215 in Mydlink account after "upgrading" the Android Home App on 26 Sept.  None of the 3 DSPs I have functioned in the Home app once the App upgrade was complete.  All worked previous to the upgrade and all were reflected in MyDlink online account. I went back to MyDlink account online and noticed the "requires firmware update" for all 3 so initiated the update, still nothing reflected in Home app.  I called Dlink support and we went round and round resetting, attempting manual install ect. numerous times trying to get one of them to work to no avail.  They said they would call back on Monday after doing some checking.  All of these 3 worked prior to the Home App upgrade.  Over the weekend I went back to MyDlink account and saw yet another requires firmware upgrade.  However this time it appeared to be a downgrade.  The current firmware was 1.14b04 and the change would make it 1.13b03.  Sounded like a downgrade to me but went ahead and tried it on one.  It worked.  MyDlink online dropped (no more access) that DSP but it now showed up in the upgraded Home App.  (By the way there is no way to check firmware version or update in the app.)  It now functions with schedules, on/off etc.    I was happy so decided to perform the "downgrade" on my other DSP reflected in MyDlink.  Again successful.  No longer reflected in MyDlink account but now shows up in the updated Home App.  Apparently this is the firmware version (1.13b03) that allows the DSP to function in the Home App and cease reflecting in the MyDlink account online.  I wonder how we will ever update the firmware again.  Anyway 2 of 5 of my DSPs now work in Home App.  The third one which was functioning prior to the Dlink support troubleshooting in Mydlink account but does reflect in the Home App  stating "Firmware upgrade is required" .  I'm sure it possesses 1.14b04 which was suspected installed in all 3 DSPs during the HomeApp initial upgrade.  It still does work in the app as it cannot connect.  Dlink support called back last evening requesting I upgrade my DLink router and use a different Android phone with and try the install again.  Did this, no help.  I have another DSP which had never been connected and decided to see if it could be installed.  Nope,  I think the Home App does something to the firmware trying to install or something.    It is not reflected in either MyDlink account online or the HomeApp.  Cannot connect it for some unknown reason using WPS.  Trying manual does not reflect either of the two DSPs as a WiFi connection either, suspect wifi capability in both has failed for some unknown reason.  Awaiting call from Dlink support on disposition or further troubleshooting.   Phones used are Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy 5  with Androind ver. 5.01 .  Router is DIR-868L firmware 1.10  All DSP are A1 H/W 1.0 and 1.1 firmware. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the new Home App for Android?   no problems at all untill Home App was upgraded.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »

What version of Home app do you have?

FYI: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=63515.0 Maybe a reason why there is some problems and need to wait for the dust to settle.

I recommend if v1.13 is working for your units at this time, keep whats loaded. No need to upgrade just yet.

I got the same notification when accessing two of my DSP-215 in Mydlink account after "upgrading" the Android Home App on 26 Sept.  None of the 3 DSPs I have functioned in the Home app once the App upgrade was complete.  All worked previous to the upgrade and all were reflected in MyDlink online account. I went back to MyDlink account online and noticed the "requires firmware update" for all 3 so initiated the update, still nothing reflected in Home app.  I called Dlink support and we went round and round resetting, attempting manual install ect. numerous times trying to get one of them to work to no avail.  They said they would call back on Monday after doing some checking.  All of these 3 worked prior to the Home App upgrade.  Over the weekend I went back to MyDlink account and saw yet another requires firmware upgrade.  However this time it appeared to be a downgrade.  The current firmware was 1.14b04 and the change would make it 1.13b03.  Sounded like a downgrade to me but went ahead and tried it on one.  It worked.  MyDlink online dropped (no more access) that DSP but it now showed up in the upgraded Home App.  (By the way there is no way to check firmware version or update in the app.)  It now functions with schedules, on/off etc.    I was happy so decided to perform the "downgrade" on my other DSP reflected in MyDlink.  Again successful.  No longer reflected in MyDlink account but now shows up in the updated Home App.  Apparently this is the firmware version (1.13b03) that allows the DSP to function in the Home App and cease reflecting in the MyDlink account online.  I wonder how we will ever update the firmware again.  Anyway 2 of 5 of my DSPs now work in Home App.  The third one which was functioning prior to the Dlink support troubleshooting in Mydlink account but does reflect in the Home App  stating "Firmware upgrade is required" .  I'm sure it possesses 1.14b04 which was suspected installed in all 3 DSPs during the HomeApp initial upgrade.  It still does work in the app as it cannot connect.  Dlink support called back last evening requesting I upgrade my DLink router and use a different Android phone with and try the install again.  Did this, no help.  I have another DSP which had never been connected and decided to see if it could be installed.  Nope,  I think the Home App does something to the firmware trying to install or something.    It is not reflected in either MyDlink account online or the HomeApp.  Cannot connect it for some unknown reason using WPS.  Trying manual does not reflect either of the two DSPs as a WiFi connection either, suspect wifi capability in both has failed for some unknown reason.  Awaiting call from Dlink support on disposition or further troubleshooting.   Phones used are Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy 5  with Androind ver. 5.01 .  Router is DIR-868L firmware 1.10  All DSP are A1 H/W 1.0 and 1.1 firmware. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the new Home App for Android?   no problems at all untill Home App was upgraded.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.