• March 28, 2024, 10:00:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink DP 300U not working in Windows 7  (Read 11809 times)

Johnse45

• Level 1 Member
Dlink DP 300U not working in Windows 7
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »

I have D link DP 300U print server connected via cable to my Network, it has a Epson LQ850(parrelle port) and a HP Laser Jet 1200(USB) printers connected. All my others PCs (OS Win XP SP3) print to these printers without problem expect the 1 with Windows 7 Basic as the OS. I can't get the printers to connect to the PC, even though the Print Server is detected in the devices. I can see the Print Server settings thru Web browser, but cannot print. The DP 300U is assigned a manual IP address 192.168.1.10, all PCs use automatic IPs.
Where could i have gone wrong? Please help.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
Re: Dlink DP 300U not working in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »

Hi,

On the wonky pc, Look at the PORT assignment under Printer Properties and see if it matches what you think it should be.

Also, when I added my little print server (not the one you have, but probably similiar in function), the port configuration got set to RAW and my gizmo needed an LPR data-stream for it to see the printer properly, so I had to change the setting from RAW to LPR and then give it some Que name, which I used iP4500...and it began to connect immediately.
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

Johnse45

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dlink DP 300U not working in Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »

have checked under the port property, the TCP IP is the same as the printer server, also have changed the settings to LPR and assigned a queue name. The test print works fine, but when pc is restarted, the printer goes OFFLINE and cannot respond. Thanks