• April 28, 2024, 06:17:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Shareport issue with scanner  (Read 6568 times)

jimmnj

• Level 1 Member
Shareport issue with scanner
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

I have a DIR-825 Rev A1 with 1.12NA firmware.  Shareport works pretty well except for the scanner in my HP C4280 All-In-One printer.

Whenever I try to do a scan, the router reboots.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jim

Madcap

• Level 1 Member
Re: Shareport issue with scanner
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »

I just installed Shareport 3.0 and am using it for the first time with my DIR-655 (1.33NA) and HP Photosmart 3210.

I can print, but can't scan.

Is Shareport only capable of "one-way" communication?

Edit:  I read some other threads, and subsequently tried scanning via the windows scanner list in the control panel.  My computer saw the scanner/printer, but no success in getting it to scan.  I get an error telling me I am not connected to the scanner/printer (same result when trying the SCAN button on the printer itself).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:02:40 PM by Madcap »

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:50:40 PM »

Shareport is bi-directional to a certain extent....in that I saw ink levels from my color photo printer....  The little USB Print server I added is not bi-directional because the ink levels stuff is blocked
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »

SharePort emulates a direct USB connection the way I understand it, so it should work similar to a direct connection, but it goes over the network.

Is the version SharePort 3.0 being used? What scanner driver are you using? Does everything work fine when connected directly to your PC? What OS?

Madcap

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

I'm running:

XP SP3
Shareport 3.0
1.33NA on my DIR-655

The scanner is part of my HP Photosmart 3210.  When I go to the "about" tab under properties from my control panel, there is a list of 47 "driver files" in the window there.  I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to answer the driver question. :/

When the USB is directly connected to my computer, everything works fine....printing, scanning, all of it.

I'll also add, that when I attempt to access the scanner from the control panel, the router breaks its connection to the internet briefly.  I am mentioning it because I've read other threads where people mention the same thing....fwiw.

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 04:37:47 PM »

does it scan if you use the built in Windows scanning function?

I think it's in the Start menu under accessories.

Madcap

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

does it scan if you use the built in Windows scanning function?

I think it's in the Start menu under accessories.

When I select the "scanner and camera wizard" from that accessory menu, it tells me it cannot detect a scanner.  The power is on, and the Shareport Utility tells me I am connected.

jh

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »

how about trying the 'corporate' or 'basic' version of the driver?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=439488#N675

Also, out of curiosity, why are you using USB with SharePort instead of Ethernet with that particular model? Doesn't that printer have Ethernet on it so you can connect it to one of the LAN ports of your router with a network cable?